What have you been watching lately?

i strongly agree with you. We just finished the offer - loved it. best series ive seen in a while. the guy that played bob evans was fabulous. learned a lot. If anyone reading this is near LA, there’s a great exhibit at the Academy museum for another few months

The Art of Moviemaking: THE GODFATHER (academymuseum.org)

horse head in the house! Costumes, the office, bunch of cool stuff and info.

time for us to see the movies again, at least the first 2. I’m kicking myself for missing the 35mm screening at the new art, hope they do that again.

Remind me - anything redeeming about the 3d installment? i def saw it, and forgot it.

wonder if they could capture what they did for the offer for a some other subject…obviously im no pitch man!

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

tulsa king also on paramount is decent not great with stallone. mafia moves to oklahoma.

That would have to be with subtitles, judging from the trailers… :rofl:

Just checked out the trailer. Tulsa King looks like it would be right up our alley. And it has been renewed for Season 2.

We’ve been catching up on Goliath, the series with Billy Bob Thornton. Very enjoyable.

1 Like

Cool, enjoy. We are about midway through it. Started better and now sorta slowed down but still kinda cool. I think the writer/producer was involved with Sicario, which we really liked. Yeah and at least its been renewed. Too bad there’s nothing left to cover (I think) for the offer but hell I’d enjoy some kind of run down on Al Ruddy’s Cannonball Run!

2 Likes

Mayor of Kingstown? Since it was Taylor Sheridan’s first foray into a different type show I watched the trailer over a year ago. It seemed too dark and gritty even for me. Now I see Season 2 is about to start up. Any thoughts on this show?

1 Like

Finished “James May Our Man in Italy.”
Glass Onion next in line. Not sure when though :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

This is one of the best things you will see today. Or this week. Or maybe even this year. :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

ETA: I could’ve sworn there was a “What are you listening to?” thread, but perhaps I’m losing my damn mind. In any event, this is musically, lyrically & visually brilliant, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

2 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ugh. I swear I scrolled up & down the NAF board. Thanks for finding it, will share there as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Godfather II. Good scene.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_WyM6krgHs

3 Likes

Watching Season 5 of Shetland on BritBox.

2 Likes

I’m on season 7.

2 Likes

Looks like my type of drama. Not sure I can find it though.

1 Like

I don’t like him as a person but I love his talent. He kept on insulting and hurting others until he got proper hurt. Sad to see his shows end.

2 Likes

I loved Top Gear and enjoyed Clarkson’s ‘cranky old man’ persona, until it became apparent that no, actually. It wasn’t a persona, it was just him.

People ACTING like entitled jerks can be funny. People BEING entitled jerks is decidedly less so. I only made it through 2-3 episodes of Clarkson’s Farm til I gave up.

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Brilliant too how Godfather II tells the story of first movie.

3 Likes