What goes on your burger

Yeah, no. The only way I’m giving up chips and/or fries is for them to be pried out of my cold, dead hands. And two burgers would drive my heart into overtime and my gut into revolt and put me there sooner than later.

3 Likes

Because that seems to be the default sandwich spread, even for tuna salad and egg salad sandwiches! It goes on automatically unless I ask specifically for no mayo. I’m from NY/NJ originally, and automatic mayo is definitely not a thing there.

3 Likes

:notes: I like mine with lettuce and tomato
Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes
Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer :musical_note:

3 Likes

This. I live in the 'burbs of Philly and the heathens here Put Mayo on cheese steaks as the default setting. Even if I say “no mayo”. I like oil instead. Breathes into a paper bag. In the city limits this never happens.
End rant. So about burgers. The better the meat the less ad ons for me. But once cdc cooked my burger and it was barely warm on the inside. I did say something so he doesn’t end up killing someone someday but when he offered to cook it more I told him no. Love ridiculously rare burgers is the meat is quality.

1 Like

I’d be okay with a burger and 3 fries.

2 Likes

Sounds like my kind of place.

medium rare, american or cheddar, bacon, red onion, tomato, lettuce, mayo

4 Likes

Simple yet elegant!
:slight_smile:

Top to bottom: hard roll, mushrooms(+ sauce from cooking mushrooms), baby Swiss cheese, delish beef patty, bun, plate, table, floor, basement, ground, aquifer, hell. Helluva burger.

1 Like

One of my favorite burger joints is called Madison Grill (it’s a small Mexican chain); they have a bunch of salsas and totopos from the get-go, so I dig it. Plus, a highly customizable guacamole … and burger.

In this case, it was (hiding beneath the egg) jalapeno slices, fried jalapeno, fried onions, habanero, queso oaxaca, grilled onions, bacon, and a nice Sonoran 1/4 pounder.

Darn, if only I weren’t thousands of miles away to repeat this one.

5 Likes

:thinking:

I’m OK with the PepperJack suggestion, as well as mozzarella if I’m strapped for anything else, but I’m still a Kraft American Cheese lover for cheeseburgers. And Kraft singles for grilled cheese, almost 99% of the time.

3 Likes

I love onions. And kazoos, just not on the burger.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V-mhdIVwky0

1 Like

I like pepperjack or just jack on my Hawaiian (teriyaki) burgers, but really prefer swiss. Cheddar is the go to for chili and bacon burgers. But for the standard (lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, ketchup, mayo) burger, I long ago replaced Kraft singles with deli-sliced American. It is a little more expensive (about $10/lb here), but it keeps really well/long in the crisper drawer. I usually buy it a half pound at a time, which I am guessing is about a dozen slices.

If you’re still doing the Kraft singles thing I really recommend you seek out your local (or supermarket) deli for a white or yellow American and give it a try… I think you’ll be impressed by it.

4 Likes

@ScottinPollock - I go through American cheese so infrequently that I’m afraid the deli slice would go bad before I used it up. The individually wrapped slices stay the freshest for me, based on the frequency with which I use them up.

The only way I can see this working for me is buying the same quantity that you have (shaved into very thin slice), and then pulling off a long strip of Saran Wrap and folding it between each slice, tucking in the sides and then bagging it. I might try it with an even smaller quantity to see how it works.

I agree. The go-to sliced cheese in our house was always Land O’ Lakes white American (yellow in a pinch), purchased at the deli counter.

1 Like

I just got an 8 oz. block of that yesterday at Grocery Outlet :smiley:

I can’t honestly say how long it would take before it goes bad as I have never had any that did. I get it sliced from the deli in a small ziploc bag, and keep it in the meat/cheese drawer of the fridge.

I know it keeps well for weeks… but can’t recall if I’ve had it around for a month or more. Between burgers, and my chopped cheesesteak (and just snacking on a slice from time to time) I go thru a half lb before it even begins to get darker around the edges (like the Kraft stuff does).

The last 1/2lb I bought was 2/3/23, and I’ll keep an eye out for how long I keep it before it is gone… right now I am using a slice or two for a grilled onion/mushroom burger and it is good as new.

2 Likes

Époisses?? That’s pretty far out there. When we make burgers at home, we use cheddar. We make them with about 4 oz. of meat. If we order burgers out, I generally don’t get cheese on mine because I have a difficulty eating 8 oz. of meat with the bun, adding cheese would be too much. My husband, on the other hand, always gets cheese on his burgers - anywhere from cheddar to Swiss to blue cheese to pepper jack but I doubt he would opt for Époisses (or brie).

1 Like

Yeah, no cheese for me. Ever on a burger.

1 Like