What food are you reading now? Cookbooks, memoirs, mags...

I heard good things . Sounds like a lunch destination for me . I’m close enough .

2 Likes

Too bad you weren’t able to go! Fingers crossed for you that she does in fact do a repeat.

There are 890, 000 magazines on issuu digital platform and in over 200 languages too.

Wise platform recommended by Forbes as the top plaform for self publishing.

1 Like

Much has changed for Issuu. Less full Content national magazines, sparse new International publications so I’m working through older content. However, the self publishing content has grown. It remains free to readers where other apps charge.

I have also found Amazon Prime members receive new, full editions of free digital magazines Every month; including culinary mags.

3 Likes

I have been really enjoying this book!

https://amzn.to/2U7iWiz

2 Likes

A favorite of mine! Certainly my favorite celebrity cookbook and a great exhibit of the food culture of the period. Vincent Price was RAD and I love how his daughter is keeping his work, and not just his acting work, alive.

from the blog American Menu a chapter from A Frenchman in America. The author visited twice (1887 & 1890) & generally was not thrilled with Hotels here. he did like the really upscale ones.

LONG! Good Read. Some menus with prices.

prices-- 50 cents in 1887 is about $15.00 in 2022 so we’re paying about the same per entree today as back then. A $4 entree then is getting into the $60 steaks of today.