What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

I’ve never had the Popeye’s sandwich. I like my fried chicken unadorned with sammich fixins. Totally unnecessary with a crispy, juicy piece of bird.

CFA’s chicken breast is super moist/juicy, secret supposedly is brining them in pickle juice. The crust is super crunchy savory and a touch sweet. The only thing on my CFA sandwich is pickles, chicken, bun. And all it needs, imo.

1 Like

A little honey is nice with Popeye’s fried chicken

1 Like

I had a CFA chicken sandwich exactly once (bc I despise their politics) - they’d plastered our town with coupons. I found it both bland & salty at the same time, but certainly not worth dealing with the shit show that is their drive-thru. Or supporting their bigotry. Meh.

1 Like

I know honey - or maple syrup with chicken & waffles - is a popular topping, but I don’t really like mixing savory with sweet, save for very rare occasions. Even the hot honey that seems to be all the rage these days, i.e. on fried B’ sprouts, or pizza, or other fried things is not my thang.

I like heat, I like salt, fat, acid… just hold the sugar plz :wink:

1 Like

The Chicken Shack at Shake Shack is great.

CFA is great also, but I prefer the Grilled Club (because bacon!)

1 Like

It’s easier to withdraw your support for political reasons if you also don’t like the product. I had no qualms about leaving my bank of america credit card, nor about quitting clothes from Under Armor.

4 Likes

Absolutely.

That is also why I am delirious with joy that neither David Bowie nor Prince ever buggered lil kids :wink:

2 Likes

Never tried the grilled club - liked the fried too much. However, 2nd to your “bacon!” The hidden comment above by Mr. Tell it like it is said that Jews don’t eat bacon. As if. Bacon isn’t kosher. Jews who keep kosher don’t eat bacon. The rest of us surely do, and enjoy the hell out of it.

5 Likes

Man, Michael though. What a shame. Such a talent.

OTOH, there’s a produce market near my spring break hostess that has absolutely incredible produce. They’re fanatic xtians, and I was able to let that slide if I hadn’t discovered their absolutely vile wall of hate with a disgusting collection of trans-, homo- and xenophobic memes, pictures and quotes during my recent (and final) visit.

Not one penny, regardless of how awesome their stuff is :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Yup. I immediately turn off his music when it comes on, and I am puzzled by any of my fellow musicians who still cover that POS.

:rofl: Apparently not hidden quickly enough :rofl:

ETA:

The distinctions between religion\ethnicity\cultures are hard.

1 Like

Ditto in my home. Fish was tricky! I got a fish bone stuck in my tonsil once. Our neighbor, a doctor, kindly met us at his office, peered in my throat with his little light, and extracted the fishbone with an implement. Didn’t hurt, but trust me I’ve eaten fish-with-bones with a figurative magnifying glass ever since. But I still will eat fish with bones. …

2 Likes

Yep, I find it much easier to ignore a corporate policies–chances are the people who work for them don’t even know what their CEO supports. Much easier on a local level. There’s a local place that makes the best steaks and hoagies, but after overhearing the owner and employees a few times I’ve made do with the area’s second best :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Same here. I finally gave in and tried one because my students all raved about them. But that was it. One sandwich, one time. No sides.

1 Like

Maybe, but as you were saying - he is a fan of the generalization. Jewish may be ancestry or religion. But kosher is a dietary rule that some do and some don’t follow. Whether Jewish by ancestry or practicing the Jewish religion. That’s why it’s usually a mistake to over-generalize. You’ll probably miss, most of the time.

2 Likes

Do you mean there is more than one type of Judaism? What’s next? Christians? Muslims? I always thought if you knew one you knew them all.

2 Likes

Shocker I know.

2 Likes
2 Likes