What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

1 Like

Harry Shearer is such a goof. Loved him in Spinal Tap, A Mighty Wind and his contribution to Waiting for Guffman. He’s everywhere!

1 Like

I love their hot dogs too.

1 Like

Whenever [Lord] Christopher Guest gathered the gang, something memorably good was likely to happen. (Maybe a bit under the radar was For Your Consideration.)

1 Like

wasn’t he in Halloween, or its first sequel?

1 Like

Two fried chicken wraps/tacos for $5, regular or spicy cole slaw in flour tortilla with pickle -

1 Like

Just Arby’s, Roy Rogers, Nathan’s and White Castle.

Kentucky Fried Chicken died (no more Kentucky Nuggets, Wings, or Dublicious)

Taco Bell died (no more natural ingredients like their frying oils, or freshness and elimination of green onions and black olives from items)

McDonald’s only good for the Filet-O-fish, McRib, and Big Mac - they killed off their great fries when they ended using natural beef tallow to fry them. Now they use toxic man-made vegetable oils that is the REAL cause of cardiovascular and heart problems, not natural saturated fat. It was a big lie by the one man ( Phil Sokolof) who had a heart attack.

Burger King (no more Tenders and only good for their onion rings, Bacon Kings, and Stackers)

So?

Minimum wage increases hurt everyone. It raises the prices of goods & services for all. It kills jobs. You are not supposed to make a living on low paying menial jobs. Such as to try and raise a family. They are all entry level experiences that create a good job ethic and responsibility. It teaches work and reward. They are stepping stones. You start low and work your way up to higher incomes at other careers. That is why in the past you had teenagers working these jobs. All this has been forgotten or ignored by many. Ignorance is not bliss.

1 Like

Except the people making minimum wage.

3 Likes

We would not need a minimum wage were it not for greedy employers.

1 Like

Just speaking from experience as a small business owner of several restaurants, if minimum wage was lowered it would. actually increase employment.

The current minimum wage in CA of 15.50 makes it too prohibitively high to hire workers for businesses to either operate at full capacity or even to remain open, and it prevents many workers who want and will work for an hourly wage lower than 15.50/hour (and, yes, I know this for a fact) to get employment.

And, no, those who will work for less than the current minimum wage are not hoping to make a living of that wage. It is a supplemental source of income, i.e., students, part-time workers, etc. for those people. As it should be.

Minimum wage was never meant to be a “living wage”.

If we are going to mandate a “minimum wage” then perhaps it’s better to have such mandates only for certain sectors or jobs, but not for an entire workforce.

A minimum wage that tries to be synonymous with living wage has unintended consequences for the economy, including higher unemployment, inflation, lower productivity, etc., which hurts everyone in the long run.

2 Likes

Now the 14 year olds can work in meat packing plants so they still wouldn’t work at Taco Bell.

An interesting take on the subject. I assume you are not a fellow European.

What is worse? 14 years working in a meat packing plant? or 14 years working at a Taco Bell?

1 Like

The preferred option would be for 14 year olds to not work at all, but I’m in the minority here, it seems.

4 Likes

No, I think many of us agree with you but are not trying to feed the discussion that has veered very off topic.

3 Likes

I agree with you but having the topic resurface again just raised my hackles.
I’m done.
I’m past working age anyway so my views are worth zero.
:slight_smile:

That is true. I certainly was surprised that “Fast Food Chain You Love” turned into Minimal Wage. That being said, maybe many people simply do not believe Fast Food Chain should exist.

2 Likes

Pretty sure there is no “pass” working age.