What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

I miss Arthur’s Treacherous Fish & Chips!!

3 Likes

And H. Salt too!

That’d be quite a drive for me!

1 Like

I don’t know the stats, but I hope you’re right that there aren’t too many that survive on min wage for long periods. There are plenty of places in the US where it would be very hard to make ends meet that way.

1 Like

Exactly who are you accusing of freeloading/hiding in the basement on the dole? That sounds rather like a line from the right-wing BS machine.

Agreed. Often tied to cost of housing. San Francisco last year pushed the in-city wage to about $17. But doing a quick search on apartments(dot)com, it looks like the cheaper rents I could find for 1 bed apts makes that person spend over 50% of gross for housing cost, which doesn’t sound sustainable. If 4 of the same-paid folks got together in a 4-bedroom they might save some, but it’s not as much as I would have thought.

So folks making the city-min working in SF likely end up with long commutes, or spending an inordinate amount on housing.

Minimum wage is not “living wage” nor should it ever be.

The minimum wage is an amount set by law, whereas the living wage is determined by average costs to live. The amount needed to provide a living wage depends on what is included in the calculation. The amount set by lawmakers for the minimum wage must take into account the needs of businesses as well as workers. They must also consider the overall impact on the economy.

Trying to make the two – minimum and living wages – simpatico is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

1 Like

f yeah

1 Like

According to google, there are still a bunch of H.Salts in California.
None closer to me than Sacramento.

1 Like
2 Likes

There’s one near me. One day. I hear it’s awful. But that’s besides the point really.

Any artificial plates or limbs ?

Well, Billy Crystal has some sort of plate?

2 Likes

Oh my. Learn something news. Look so unhealthy and also taste so good. :sweat_smile:

dana carvey’s first role

sequel supposedly in the works

Yup. Fog of memory. Here they are together:

1 Like

Feeling peckish?

Well, you know what kind of reviews that record got.

They can’t print that !

:poop: :sandwich:

1 Like