What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

That is really gross!

2 Likes

I’d try it.

Then again, I’ll try darn near anything food-related at least once.

2 Likes

Short Stop, Austin.

10 Likes

How was it, Tim?

To me, it is the perfect fast food burger. Their fries are hot, crisp perfection. The first couple of bites are painfully hot, and I love hot food. The bonuses are that they are very reasonably priced and speedy, $10.09 for a double, fries, and a drink.

2 Likes

Can’t beat that price. It looks sooooo yummy.

I was about to post Pete’s apology video.

1 Like

I just read that Gizmodo summary of the Reddit users. The users seem to be overreacting to a regular ad. Most of the responses were about Pete, not about Taco Bell.

I hate the over the air commercials, so the reddit one must really suck. :smiley:

Subway hooked me with their $2.50/6" and $5/12" footlongs. Workable cheap lunch when I was an office worker bee. Just had their Roast Beef on Italian Bread just a few weeks ago, glad that I “splurged” and went upmarket (spending more than $5 for ANY FF meal!?!?). Very enjoyable sitting off the Embarcadero in SF, washing down the RB sandwich with a beer in a brown paper bag.

Just saw this Subway concept. It was there three years ago when we were in town, so not a flash in the pan. Yasai-Lab???

Almost too sterile for a sandwich place, yet interesting nevertheless. Subway grows their lettuce in-house for their sandos.

Couldn’t try this time, too much other foods calling. Tho I must admit I was sorely tempted to grab a BLT for a late nite snack w/Suntory Whiskey.

2 Likes

My problem with “sub” places is it’s mostly bread and piled up high veggies. Very little meat and cheese. Which of course is why you’re getting a good deal. I prefer to make my grinders at home. :slightly_smiling_face:

Grew up eating sandwiches around the corner at SF Italian shops like Panelli Bros and Molinari’s.
Sandwiches were defacto about an inch high of MEAT.

Then there was Herb’s on Taraval St., meat ball sandwiches on Thursday, constructed by a real Italian grandma, she made her sandwiches as if afraid her customers may not make it thru the day without proper sustenence.

Just about every single block in my 'hood had a corner grocery store with a meat slicer at the register, and a box of SF sourdough rolls somewhere midway in the store. Pick your roll, ask for salami cheese (whatever). No Subway specials involved. :0

5 Likes

I grew up with the same sort of places but in CT/Ri. Shredded cabbage(not lettuce) olive oil, salami and provolone piled high on homemade Italian bread for grinders. Another place made huge meatballs, ladled with sauce on homemade Italian rolls, topped with mozzarella/provolone and toasted until melted. Probably 50 years ago, one night my mother ran in to pick up some grinders and the owner was washing her hair in the sink.:grin: it was a little hole in wall that made the best grinders in town. Ah, the good old days.

6 Likes

The best food review ever -

4 Likes

The Report of the Week, the Walter Cronkite of fast-food chain reviews, delivers the second best review ever on the Burger King Ghost Pepper Whoppper for Halloween -

2 Likes

I got a breaded chicken sandwich from Bojangles today. It was awful. Dry meat, way over seasoned with Cajun seasoning on the bottom, and the side of fries was likewise limp and overseasoned. Yuck. $8 and 1200 cal (probably) wasted.

2 Likes

Very, Very spicy - Arby’s Diablo Dare Roast Beef and Chicken Sandwiches

2 Likes

We got the “meatz.”

(Think smaller, and more legs).

2 Likes

I just went to Arby’s the other day.

And I must say, it has significantly improved from my childhood days where it was basically roast beef, or more roast beef, or less roast beef.

In the vein of this thread, I think I really do love Arby’s now. Especially their Ham, Egg & Cheese Biscuit

6 Likes