What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

Small world!

I’ve only been to the Pizza Hut, the now-closed Mexican restaurant Fiesta Mexicana and Gordon’s!

My cousin lives in Sask, and we drive to Glasgow for Pizza Hut and Gordon’s!

I’ve taken the train from Glasgow to Seattle. I had my first drinkbox in Glasgow.

2 Likes

2018-02-20-23_50_23-remote

2 Likes

I have been to Scobey, Wolf Point, Glasgow, Glendive and Butte.
I think I’ve been to Gilette, WY on a trip from Wall to Cody.

1 Like

Lots of Great Plains towns on those lists.
That’s why I live in Oregon :relieved:

2 Likes

Big Sky MT has no crowds relative to other ski resorts because it’s so far from most big cities.

I could easily live in Bozeman.

1 Like

My daughter is going for her master’s in G.I.S. mapping in Bozeman.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard that about eastern vs western russets.

Found this interesting recap of Simplot in the course of rummaging around google for french fries :fries:

2 Likes

Nice donut shop- Granny’s- that only takes cash across from campus.

2 Likes

Not to yuck other yum’s but I will. McD & BK use cheapass sausage. In fact, sometimes when I’m stuck with this for breakfast, on the road, I wonder if it’s even “real” sausage. If you want a good breakfast sausage go to Braum’s, Whataburger or DQ. Just my humble opinion.

1 Like

I make both, but with cheese, the no veg oil kind. Even that, I fear, is short of perfection. Needs to be bacon fat. After Athur Treacher’s closed, FoF was my go-to. Sad day.

I just love an MM every work day, but prefer the cheese kind. I go oatmeal first. The MM is more brunchy.

Deleted.

The Flathead will do you much better!

Eastern potatoes generally contain more moisture than Western potatoes because of the soil. Eastern soil ( high in clay)holds more moisture while Western soil is more porous so the water percolates through it.

3 Likes

Can’t speak for Eastern and Western russets.

My aunt, from Saskatchewan, always said, nothing better than a dryland potato.

The potatoes from Ontario, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island in Canada are wetland potatoes compared to the homegrown potatoes in the Prairies.

The potatoes in Greece- hot dry land potatoes- are phenomenal. But so are Jersey Royals from the Isle of Jersey, which are wetter land potatoes.

Different potatoes for different climates and purposes.

I haven’t compared American potatoes, so no comment there.

2 Likes

Sorry. Small, usually underdone, fries with a lot of stuff piled on top. Your choice next to purist Belgian frites?? To each their own I guess.

1 Like

Nando’s, but there aren’t any near me.

3 Likes

I’d take fresh-cut Canadian & American fries, chips in the UK & Ireland and/or fries in Greece & Italy, over Belgian frites any day.

LOL.

(I’m laughing, but I’m also serious)

1 Like

Agree the fries in Greece are amazing!

1 Like

Greece was great for food! But it was even more hit or miss than most places I go to. I only got to stay for a couple weeks but Naxos is a good case in point. My first meal was at Su e Giu, 4.5 stars on Google, supposed to have good seafood. The mussels were so bad that when I tried to palm them off on a stray cat she grabbed the mussel, turned to run off, then spat it out like it was poison. She gave me a dirty look I will never forget and stalked away like affronted royalty.
Taverna Autentica on the water? Supposed to be the real deal? Souvlaki so salty I couldn’t eat it. And the locals next to me are gobbling it up like it is so delicious.
So I went off the water a couple days later and found To Souvlaki tou Makri. Husband and Wife team that made excellent souvlaki and were outstanding hosts! Great people! They saw me looking at a roulade type dish they were preparing and insisted that I try another one they had already made. It was pounded pork loin, some Greek cheese, minced pine nuts, oregano, just a hinto of minced olives, lemon (of course!) and garlic. Simply outstanding! I didn’t see it on their menu, they may have been preparing it for their family.
So I was thinking, stay away from the tourist places, find the local places. And went to the place most popular with the locals way back in Naxos Chora, and it was a smokey mess and my drunken pig dish (red wine and pork) was bland.
Then I ordered a cappuccino at a touristy place on the water and it was outstanding and the waiter gave me a tiny croissant with a touch of chocolate inside that was perfect.
So I can not seem to figure out how to pick a cafe in Greece, but the ones that are good are VERY GOOD.
Oh and I forgot the outstanding sheftalia (Cypriot sausage wrapped in caul fat) with grilled green chili peppers at Kozi and the perfect little lemon cake for desert at Plinthos!
Not fast food but definitely meals to remember!

3 Likes

Definitely can be hit or miss, especially in areas close to tourist destinations.

1 Like