What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

There is a contingent (including Dave) who believe that in many cases convenience has become an over-the-top parody of what it ought to be. Another contingent seemingly won’t even look at anything unless it’s part of that super hyper ultra meta convenience system.

I’m a bewildered guy in between, but I know that being too committed to either end of that spectrum has costs, and that there are people at each end who prefer to point out the costs incurred by the other end while ignoring the costs of their own approach.

The cost of my approach is that being unsure can be a very inefficient way to operate. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Maybe if you wanted a Dunkin breakfast sandwich you could just get one.

6 Likes

Wise words.

Still waters run deep.

2 Likes

Not to mention well-published and widely read raconteur.

I’m not sure if I should thank you or slap you across the face with my glove and challenge you to a duel. Luckily it’s spring so I don’t have my gloves and I used all my vocabulary brain cells on dual vs. duel, so you live to comment another day my friend. (or pho…I told you I used all my vocabulary brain cells)

5 Likes

I think your best argument is distributed and buried in your response. “I don’t eat it often enough to justify having ingredients” makes sense.

Now about those daily iced coffees…

3 Likes
4 Likes

I don’t know… I tend to think his best argument was the one he made intentionally. It’s always possible to draw arbitrary lines on someone else’s habits and “mansplain” to them what’s best for their convenience or economy or whatever, but it’s really possible that people have already considered those options, and are making their choices for reasons that an observer is unaware of or might have neglected to consider.

OK!!! OK!!! OK!!! You smoked me out!!! I’m banned from purchasing avocado’s in 17 states, NJ being one of them. It was the 80’s I was in Tijuana I ran into Sammy Hagar while he was doing R&D for Cabo Wabo Tequila, one thing led to another and here we are, I’m banned from purchasing avocados to this day.
(also not allowed within 50 ft circumference of any midgets/little people AND can never attend any future donkey shows)

So there you have it.

2 Likes

I can get you black market avocados shipped from California.

2 Likes

2 Likes

This sounds like despite their height they are quite big around. Too many avocados?
Plus a donkey or two?

1 Like
1 Like

Do people care about anything pop culture at the moment?
It sounds good, especially since I already love the potato taco.
Anticipating “events” such as a new $1 menu item may be a thing of the past.
Certainly is with me, at least.

4 Likes

I go to Micky D’s when I am really feeling sorry for myself; for a breakfast sandwich and hash brown if I start off the day feeling that way, or filet o fish if it dawns on me later.

On the other hand, I’m all about Popeyes when I’m feeling life is good. Maybe good, but short.

5 Likes

Paywall ((sigh))

Breakfast in my opinion is where Mc D’s actually excels.

2 Likes

There are better places to feel sorry for yourself:

4 Likes