They are definitely on a roll!

2 Likes

I don’t think I would wait 5 hours for an all you can get KFC

At least you won’t get stabbed or body slammed🙄

1 Like

Maine! (Official state beverage now)

1 Like

I just couldn’t resist…
(In all honesty I think that’s from a McRib)

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure if you ate both in the same meal you’d be reduced to a smoldering pile of ashes.

2 Likes

This popped up in my news feed: https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/nov/30/chick-fil-a-conservative-ted-cruz-mike-huckabee

1 Like

“Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t”.

3 Likes

This is why you always carry a sawzall in your ride

1 Like

So, has anyone been to Culver’s? A mid-west chain, and they have over 700 locations in 25 states. I went to my first last July in Michigan. Definitely the best fast food, and one of the best burgers I have had. Fast food, but also semi-casual. Order at counter, then they deliver to your table. Great experience except for the mandatory staff welcomes when you enter. Known for their Butterburger, great milkshakes too. Their chicken and fish looked and smelled very good as well.

Culver’s Cheddar Butterburger with Bacon

4 Likes

I tried Culver’s in Michigan on the way back to Canada from Pittsburgh. That particular location was a very busy place on a Sunday after church! Good burgers. I would revisit.

1 Like

Witnessed something pretty incredible over the past four weeks…

Early in November I stopped at a Tim Hortons I frequent to buy a breakfast bagel sandwich & donut. Noticed that my order was handed to me in a generic donut shop bag–not a Tim Hortons branded bag. The next week I stopped there again to place the same order. I noticed the bright lighted menu boards over the counter space were black, not on and showing. Thought that odd and asked the youngster at the register, why so? Got a shrug and something mumbled back at me. Order delivered in the generic donut bag again.

Friday, last I drove to this location just after 7 AM. The place should have been swamped with customers, as it has been for years. Drove up to go inside to place my order, and there was one lone car besides mine in a very large lot. And no drive thru traffic queued half-way around the building. No one in the restaurant dining area as I glimpsed inside the restaurant. This prompted me to look over my shoulder at the Tim Hortons sign on the corner of the lot facing an intersection. The Tim Hortons identity was covered over. Could only surmise that the franchise owners had their franchise shut down by the corporation.

What was amazing to me was the total absence of customers at the store. Disappeared like a herd of animals when a water hole dried up!

3 Likes

Value of the brand and uniformity in operations. Demonstration of why the branded franchise business model has its appeal, in spite of sometimes stumbling over disparities in bargaining power.

2 Likes

Now that the thread Take These Chains From My heart And Set Me Free has sort of eclipsed this thread, I’m personally dealing with a case of The Paradox of Buridan’s Ass: http://steve-patterson.com/paradox-resolved-buridans-ass/

But I’m here now so here also is my fast food comment…

I was driving to meet a friend for a few beers at a new tap room in St Clair Shores early this afternoon. Realized I had an empty stomach and needed bulk to absorb the beer comfortably. Stopped at an Arby’s and bought two Sliders, a Roast Beef and a Turkey. Good decision. Both sliders came to me at a nice hot temperature. The Roast Beef slider was gloriously salty and moist. The Turkey Slider tasted of definite oven roasting. Both sliders were topped with a slice of White Cheddar–gooey White Cheddar. The Buns were the perfect size for the meat portions served. Fresh and “springy” they were, too.

A totally right decision.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Parents who rely too heavily on phones to distract their kids probably don’t really know how to mind and take care of them either. My younger son was about 2 1/2 when my sister graduated from law school in SF, and we did a celebratory dinner at Zuni Cafe. It was one of the nicer places we’d been to at that time. I was actually deathly afraid my little would be loud and throw tantrums and bother everyone around us. The funny thing is - the staff brought him a cup full of crayons, and he spend all of dinner, quiet as a mouse, peeling the labels off of them. A small mess to clean, invaluable peace for the entire meal.

4 Likes

Back to Popeyes–their flounder sandwich is a winner. A good slab of real fish (not pressed a la the Filet-o-Fish), with a crunchy, slightly spicy coating on a soft roll. My local Popeyes ran out of them, but one a couple of towns over had them.

5 Likes

Thanks I’ve been meaning to try this, I love fried flounder sandwiches

1 Like

Me too!

I’m so excited - we finally got a Popeye’s in Northern Westchester. Can’t wait to try it!

4 Likes