What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

Not so much these days. And if you object to kids running around a restaurant (even a nice one), you are at fault!

1 Like

Another clip from popeyes…

If violence bothers you, do not watch this video. I still can’t believe there is incident after incident over a chicken sandwich.

Is this guy unloading haymakers on the lady or the guy underneath the two women? It is kind of hard to tell. I will watch it again later. Time to work.

I can’t get the video to load so just on the text, waiting an hour for “fast food” boggles my mind.

I can be in and out of a neighborhood restaurant, table service, et al faster than that.

2 Likes

(ditto on the video not playing, but to be honest these are like train wreck video’s, I don’t want to watch but I just can’t help myself)

2 Likes

This works for me https://www.wthr.com/article/watch-fight-popeyes-drive-thru-california-caught-camera - I got through about 90 seconds before I gave up. Why are people who behave like this allowed to reproduce?

1 Like

Jesus…again WTF is wrong with people. If I read the article correctly it seems the “smaller” guy was the one who refused to go inside to fix a mistake in his order. After being in line for over an hour, this guy got his order but refuses to move so others can get their orders, and his behaving the way he was, I kinda sorta think he got what he deserved.

2 Likes

I hear you Junior. In the first place sitting in line for an hour seems odd, especially for “fast food.” Given that and the reasonable (to me) expectation that store management need something to get their attention sitting in place is a reasonable approach. Allowing the person behind him to escalate the issue and poor response by store management are not in his favor.

This story and video do lead to the realization that many drive through corrals seem specifically designed to keep you from giving up and bailing out. Fast food is rare for me but given that sort of arrangement I will park and walk in rather than be trapped.

3 Likes

Just tried it yesterday, the Classic version. I was impressed! Didnt take a photo, but the piece of chicken breast was at least 1-1/2" thick, juicy & flavorful & I typically do not like chicken breast! The batter coating was not too thick, crispy & crunchy. I will try the spicy one next. Only had 1 person ahead of me, took about 8-10 min to get my sandwich… :yum:

2 Likes

Did you start a fight?

4 Likes

The HO’s are very funny today & it’s not even Friday! :grin:

1 Like

I have never eaten at Popeye’s, but I drive by my local one a few times a week. I haven’t noticed lines or the parking lot being crowded. I eat at CFA about once a year (food’s not great, but it’s clean, the staff is friendly) . . . there’s always a line inside, a line of cars at both drive-thrus and a packed parking lot, but the wait is usually less than a few minutes to order and they bring the food to you.

Last year I was doing some Christmas shopping at the mall where CFA has its obligatory “ring-the-mall” location with mom and we thought we’d stop in for a quick bite. Can you say so packed we just walked out? (BTW, the burgers and beers at the Pourhouse across the road were more satisfying :wink:

So now that I think about it, it’s been close to a year since our last visit and probably two years since we actually ate there. Maybe time for a revisit?

The Pourhouse where?

Montgomeryville/North Wales PA. I never know where I am in the PA burbs . . . I have North Wales water, Montgomery Sewer, Montgomeryville property taxes, Lansdale address. So I’m not even sure where I live :confused:Whatever, it’s in Montgomery County at Airport Square on 309.

Philly was so much easier.

The Pourhouse has some great burgers (they’ll actually cook you a medium burger :clap: and an impressive list of local (and non-local) drafts. They’re the big brothers of Whelihan’s, but Whelihans has better buns to stand up to the burger juiciness.

Funny there is a Chik Fil’ in our local mall and a great local place called The Pour House, thought you were in my neck of the woods.

PA/NJ . . . The Pour House and Whelihan’s are probably the same chain owners.

1 Like

Jr lives near me and I thought the same thing as he did. Do you have a link?

CFA is supposed to be opening 9 more stores in nyc according to an article I read. Google feeds me all this stuff if I search for something so I get all these articles on weird stuff and cfa is one of them…and lot of Corvette stuff :sunglasses:

2 Likes

If the Pourhouse near you is in Westmont, NJ it is part of this group.

The one near jr and I is definitely not affiliated with them. The one near you is a little higher end than the one here.

http://www.pourhouserestaurant.com

1 Like

Not sure of that . . . the one near you looks pretty nice.

It isn’t bad…very casual. The building itself is very old. I’m not sure how old but I think it is from the 1800s …pretty cool

2 Likes