What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

Smart.

1 Like

Forget that. Are either you or JR at the Giants game and released a black cat onto the field? That thing has a Giant head so it’s a male.

1 Like

Bob sends his cat to get a round of beers and he shoots out onto the field. I thought Lawrence Taylor was going to tackle him. My life would have been complete if I had seen LT take off after that like a rocket and tackle it!

1 Like

Prime example of my prior post about tagging!!!
@joonjoon yes I was at the game last night.

1 Like

I was just about to post this.

This is absolutely nuts. It’s a piece of fried chicken on a bun and people are going ape shit over it.

3 Likes

I found this NYT article on Popeyes’ sandwich interesting.

1 Like

Nobody’s knifed anyone over this in Las Vegas yet (to my knowledge anyway), but after really enjoying that sandwich back in August, I stopped in on Sunday. Quite a crowd. After waiting almost 15 min. to order (and noticing a fair number of people waiting for their orders), I was told my order would probably take 35–45 minutes. Um, no. It’s Popeye’s, not Howlin’ Ray’s. Apart from it being the first day of the sandwich, there was the usual Sunday–don’t-want-to-cook crowd. Think I’ll just wait a week or two.

2 Likes

Dubious too.

Black Cat lover here. Cleopatra, Queen of Orange Drive.

2 Likes

Finally picked up a bottle. Pretty good, but it just seemed so sweet – maybe I’m just not used to it.

1 Like

I always cut those beverages with sparkling water or vodka to cut the sweetness. Fresh lime juice too.

3 Likes

But “natural” doesn’t mean there’s any actual strawberry in it. Better living through chemistry, to quote that old Dupont (?) slogan. :strawberry::confused:

1 Like

Except in this instance, the ingredients list states “natural flavors, including strawberry juice”. I have no illusion that there’s some large amount of juice in there, but the main point is, not artificially flavored.

1 Like

Ah, I see. You didn’t previously mention that strawberry juice is on the label. I used to occasionally buy bagged hard candies, whose brand I don’t recall, which were swirls of “creme” with “strawberry” or “raspberry”. They tasted and even smelled like the real thing, though everything was artificial. Scarily impressive!

“Reactions like that are no accident: Popeyes has aggressively marketed itself to African-Americans, and many of its restaurants are in black communities.”

Not surprising. My husband did contract work for KFC maybe 25 years ago. The guy in charge of store setups told him that unless there was a large black or Mexican population KFC didn’t build. At the time I remember being surprised that Hispanics loved fried chicken.

2 Likes

I miss being able to get Dry Soda in L.A. It’s designed for cocktails but I love it as is. I could get my soda fix naturally without too much sugar and calories.

1 Like

I remember that!

1 Like

I love Dave… and chicken.