What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

Huh? I get that Tuohy owns lots of franchises. Otherwise… ???

I will try one soon and report back.

On the bk topic, is it me or does this meat “alternative” not look too much healthier?

1 Like

Huh.

These are certainly worth $1.00.
I hit them at 3:00 pm and these had been setting a while. Tasted more baked or reheated than fresh out of the deep fryer
but I’d get them again. Not up to JiTB standards yet.

5 Likes

https TheReportOfTheWeek

Published on Jul 10, 2019

SUBSCRIBED 1.5M

One of the most requested items I’ve ever reviewed, Burger King has released their $1 Crunchy Tacos and I finally am able to try them out!://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrZzzQxIUvU

1 Like

I made it through 3 minutes.
No wrapper talk for me., I had to exit. Tell me how the story ends.
:smiley:

To summarize his review, he likes them and thinks they are worth a dollar.

I definitely have respect for this gentleman wearing a suit and tie for a bk review lol.

How did the bk sauce compare to taco bell sauce? I really like the fire sauce at tb. The “hottest one,” which I believe is diablo, doesn’t really do it for me. It is the flavor…still lacking in heat for me but they have to cater to the masses. Keep in mind we dont have jitb or del taco here so I’m just throwing out a comparison of what we have locally here in nj. The good news is we have a lot of authentic Mexican taco joints here. The population is almost staggering for an east coast state. So I do eat mainly authentic tacos but don’t mind some Tb if time is of the essence.

@joonjoon give us some feedback on these!

1 Like

I want to say I will definitely check it out, but the amount of meat looks really sad. I have some white castle coupons burning a hole in my wallet I have to get through haha.

1 Like

Nice! Where did you get the coupons? (Or are they gift cards?)

1 Like

A buddy of mine have them to me, it’s buy anything and get 2 burgers free, sweet deal!!

1 Like

That guy is pretty insufferable, IMNSHO

1 Like

says not the greatest but met expectations and no regrets for $1, 6.85/10.0 points. it’s meant to be tongue-in-cheek. he has 1.5 million subscribers.

1 Like

I take deep fried tacos seriously, as one of KC’s signature dishes.
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I miss Supertaster!

1 Like

I wonder what happened to him now.

Last I saw he had started a food site based in Minneapolis:

http://heavytable.com/about/

Guess he moved on to here:

https://growlermag.com/author/jim-norton/

1 Like

… and you should. Long live KC tacos.

I read the article and it reminds me of Diana Kennedy’s brilliant proclamation that Tex-Mex isn’t real Mexican, nobody down here said it was but it was but she sure sold a lot of books. These experts and food snobs shouldn’t eat KC tacos and Tex-Mex if it offends them.

Author/critic Robb Walsh does a good job of breaking it down here:

Don’t get me started on Taco Bell and what passes as Tex-Mex in the rest of the country.

4 Likes

Edit, those tacos shown aren’t something I’d order.

2 Likes

She agrees with me.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel the focus of the article is: Jack in the Box tacos are cheaper.

2 Likes