What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

Exactly what I mean. Like Shake Shack or Bobby Burger Palace… Fast causal… Basically, the burgers will be 50-100% more expensive than the likes of Burger King or McDonald.

1 Like

Cornbread style bun…" Maize Topped Cornbread Style Bun"

Allergen Ingredient: WHEAT Flour (contains Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine), Water, Maize Grits, Sugar, Rapeseed Oil, Salt, Yeast, Emulsifier (Mono- and Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Pea Protein, Dextrose, Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid). Potential Allergen Ingredient:
N.B. May contain traces of sesame seeds, milk, barley and rye.

Hamburger on a bagel, let alone with all those wet ingredients, is not appealing to me at all. Bagel as sandwich vehicle is a bad idea. Too chewy and then there’s that hole in the center.

Not that the Mississippi and South Carolina ones sound much better.

2 Likes

I’ve always felt that way too. I eat my bagel as two halves. Once in a while hot and buttered. 95% of the time it is toasted with cream cheese and lox. Often tomato. Sometimes thin sliced red onion or capers.

Damn. Now I’m hungry and not a bagel in sight!

4 Likes

My fellow KCer, in London currently to see Bryan Ferry and King Crimson, refused to take one for the team and try this.
His comment,
:” No. No one should be eating a BBQ-flavored bun.”
So, CJ, you are correct. We que snobs have standards, low may they be.
:smiley:

7 Likes

Never eat fast food. I find living in Manhattan - with monthly travel to Boston/Cambridge, MA - there are enough great, fast, non-chain options for me. Only chain I eat at seldomly - and that’s because it is in the JetBlue terminal of Logan - is Cosi. I used to love their balsamic dressing.

I would eat FF (except for the anti-Human Rights Hate Chicken place) if there were no other options. (“I mean, I have sooo many gay friends, but that chicken is sooo good!” Give me a break.)

2 Likes

Heck if it is cream cheese, butter, lox, ham , melted cheese, it is all about working the toppings around the hole, so nothing gets through. Actually the hole accounts for 25% more surface area meaning more chewy crunchy goodness!

2 Likes

You must have a technique I haven’t mastered. As soon as I bite into the bagel the contents squirt out the sides - this would happen even without the hole because of the firm chewy texture of the bagel, even a freshly made one. I’d rather just eat my burgers and sandwiches with a less challenging kind of bread. It does occur to me that since this would be a McDonald’s version of a bagel I wonder if they haven’t created one with the texture of a soft roll. And added plenty of sugar too!

3 Likes

Actually I do experience the same problem as you, but as stated upthread by someone, I overcome that issue by eating it open face and steadying the bagel with my thumb in the hole much you like an artist’s palate!
The squirting as you note, especially with too much cream cheese is definitely an issue with a good crusty bagel. One of those rolls with a hole, not so much.

2 Likes

Interesting article. It is nice to see some generous people out there

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/food-drink/homeless-mcdonalds-worker-shamed-on-facebook.amp

2 Likes

Might be nice if that horse’s ass was shamed back.

1 Like

Also sad that things are so out of whack that someone with a full time job ends up homeless, and not in a big city either…

4 Likes

Given that this has gone national I believe this has already bitten her in the butt.

1 Like
1 Like

You know you are getting older when you read the article about the concept and the amenities, and think, “Really? Huh?”

1 Like

I hope they upgraded the plumbing because…well…

1 Like

The crisis is real!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I had a “roast beef” sandwich at Hardee’s recently (2/$5), and it was one of the more depressing experiences of my life.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Great history here. Nice read.

Now I gotta find some retailer here in SE Michigan that stocks Feltman’s Franks.

1 Like