What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

Is it just me, or did this writer have a bias going in to this taste test?

Those prices charged are O-U-T-R-A-G-E-O-U-S!

I don’t live in NYC but yes, it is very expensive. I’m across the bay in nj. San Fran and NYC seem to be the most expensive places I’ve visited in the continental US. Even Hawaii was not too bad.

1 Like

Aren’t the prices at these chains standardized throughout the country? I’ve always assumed they were…

1 Like

The markets for land/rent and labor differ, so prices/promotions are very likely adjusted to accommodate disparate rates. A franchisee in a low cost of doing business market wouldn’t survive posting Big Apple prices.

3 Likes

Are 5 Guys and Shake Shack really FF?
No Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s, Del Taco, In and Out, or Jack in the Box leaves me without a contestant in this race.

1 Like

No locations in NYC. I take it back, there’s a Carl’s Jr in Coney Island. But that’s it.

That’s why the West Coast should be a different country.

1 Like

Um, isn’t it?

4 Likes

No it is like your hands…left and right…but the same body. (LOL)

3 Likes
  1. People who are going to work /are on dinner break/just got off work

2. People who are between multiple weekend kids’ sports/activities

3. People who are going to a social event or party and know the food will be inadequate/bad

4. People who do not know how to cook and eat this way most days

5. People who are in line but not actually getting dinner and are getting ice cream/drinks/snacks

4 Likes

Good points, all.

I’ve said this in the past and I will repeat it here. (this was more accurate when Mc Donalds had just the dollar menu vs. the value menu)

In today’s world where or how else could a family of 4 have dinner for $ 10. That would be 2 burgers (or double cheese burgers) a per person and $ 2. left over for fries to split or two apple pie deserts for the kids. (ok $11. including tax)

That to me is just another indication of just how f’d up our values in this country are. It is far more economical to “poison” ourselves with crappy food than healthy food. I could / would never look down on lower economic families who turn to fast food as a regular part of their diets because it’s cheap, decent tasting food. Let’s also face the fact that 5-10 mins in the drive thru line and the later rolling up and throwing away of a paper wrapper is a lot less physical and mentally consuming than shopping, prepping, cooking, serving and cleaning up for a meal.

If I were in some form of “power” one of the first things I would do is to subsidize the price of fresh produce and meats for those on government subsidized benefits. If you are on a government program for food, why should the corporation selling you the products (Markets) make their full profit on you? We have the government benefits directly benefiting huge conglomerates. If you are on snap or whatever they call food stamps these days, when you go to the register to pay just like when you give your shoppers loyalty card and it applies discounts, when you give your “snap” card, it should make everything down to the wholesale price. NO PROFIT.

Rant over. (Remember to vote Notjr in 2020 !!!)

8 Likes

We take: "vote Notjr . . . " to mean: “early and often.”

3 Likes

New York Post has SNL worthy headlines.

1 Like

Looks like NY and NE are foreign territory.

I’m pondering how Shake Shack qualifies as a major chain with only 250 locations in 20 states. (Latest figures I could find)
I’m with Red Jim.
I’m thinking someone in BI had a soft spot. or holds stock or something.

Crinkle fries should not win a best French fry :fries: competition. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree with the crinkle cut. However, if you are ever in nj try windmill cheese fries. It’s a local fast food joint. They put out some really good fries! I’d say windmill is probably one of the most iconic fast food joints from nj

2 Likes

We’ve been lobbying for this for years!

2 Likes

People usually are not logical.

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t realize they were dominating

1 Like