What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

LMAO - I read your response about 10X’s trying to figure out why you were mimicking John Wayne in your response “Agree pilgrim” before I realized the handle of the person you were responding to is “pilgrim”.

(to my defense I just watched a game show last night with John Wayne’s son on it)

3 Likes

Wait. True Grit wasn’t about cruising for burgers :hamburger:?

1 Like

Too funny Junior! And Bbq boy! (Check out the lousy cook thread) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Wow this is interesting. Some comments are so wrong it is hilarious

1 Like

Holly Crap!!! a legal proceeding to follow!!

I just crawled out of that comment thread, having dived in well-prepared (with good reason) to encounter the usual vegan-bashing. I’m not a vegan, but I am extraordinarily irritated by people who pretend that they have to constantly defend* their RIGHT. TO. EAT. MEAT. against “militant vegans.” Who probably exist, somewhere, but I have no clear recollection of ever encountering one. At least I got this pithy takeaway from one of the comments: “There are more jokes about militant vegans than there are militant vegans.”

*See also: War on Christmas

3 Likes

Because they walk among us, just like us, they won’t eat meat but they will wear leather shoes, belts, bags and accessories! I believe if you are a “militant vegan” you also should be restricted to a wardrobe of strictly banana leaves.

1 Like

Since I pick used clothes, I have to inform you
that the times they are a changin’.
There’s a whole army of folks who won’t wear leather shoes or belts etc.
Natural fabrics and plastic shoes are the militant vegans’ uniform of choice.
I like the banana leaf idea however.

3 Likes

Not to take this topic too far off food, but at least I would respect them for truly being committed. I resent the “vegans of the week” who think eating onion soup is vegan. :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

You’re proving my point. I don’t believe even 1% of the people who complain about (or simply mock) militant or hypocritical or annoying vegans have ever actually had an unpleasant interaction with one. I have definitely given the side-eye to people whose ideas about diet I find ridiculous, and I did have a big argument once with a woman who insisted I was doing yoga “for the wrong reasons.” But c’mon. Do you really think everyone who bitches about an “army of folks who won’t wear leather” has truly been adversely affected by such folks in real life? 'Cause I don’t.

2 Likes

Here is one…this guy I knew who dated my sister in law is a vegan. He would get spring rolls when we ordered Chinese. Come on now. You have to be a complete moron to not know those are deep fried in a giant tub of animal lard. They fry EVERYTHING in those! Any take out Chinese place has someone constantly chucking meat and egg rolls into the oil.

Here is the kicker. One Christmas eve he made some kind of mac and cheese I think. My mother in law puts it on this large platter and on the other side was some chicken and some veggies. He flat out refuses to eat it in front of everyone because it was on a plate with chicken. There were no juices or anything even remotely close to his dish. I really wanted to call him out but I held off. He did not even do it discretely or calmly. He just flat out said, "I can’t eat that, meat was on that plate. "

Here bro…I happen to have some fat dripping spring rolls in a clear paper bag since you have nothing else to eat tonight

5 Likes

Musing on a beautiful Spring afternoon, about 4:30 PM, here in metro Detroit:
I’m sitting in the far back of a Wendy’s parking lot waiting to pick my son up from work at an adjacent Kroger. There are 11 cars forward of me, and I’m assuming everyone from those cars are inside Wendys. The horseshoe Drive Thru Lane runs from the building doors on the east, to nearly where I’m parked–about 120 feet; then back down to the order kiosks and delivery window.

I’m waiting for my son maybe eight minutes. During that time, there were no fewer than nine vehicles in the drive thru. I’m thinking…who chooses fast food hamburgers/chicken sandwiches for dinner on a beautiful weekend day?

With that they do say"…hey you never know who is sitting in the car next to you…"

1 Like

I happen to sympathize with him - serving his vegan dish on the same platter as meat is pretty offensive, from his perspective. At the very least, quite insensitive.

4 Likes

My poor friend, who is a brain cancer survivor and was no longer playing with a full deck, made a faux pas at a casual gathering by putting a meat serving utensil in a vegetarian dish. A very big deal was made of it - pretty harsh considering everyone knew what her limitations were. As well, I think some omnivores just don’t think to keep things separate in an innocent way.

1 Like

Sucks for everyone in that situation.

1 Like

True, luckily we’re all becoming more aware of the eating preferences of others, the etiquette, and of course the allergies and special diets.

1 Like

We weren’t observant enough to notice, though the report rings true.

1 Like

Japanese ‘Conbini’ onigiri and egg salad sandwiches…sooo good!

1 Like