What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

I have to say. I first time I have had Popeyes. I was quiet impressed because it actually tastes quite different than KFC.

3 Likes

Agreed, but KFC isn’t the same either, it used to be ( a million yeas ago) good too

Last time I had KFC is was a salt lick.

1 Like

“GONE” I threw in " had" and forgot to change went, ugh!

1 Like

LOVE that chicken from Popeye’s!

3 Likes

I guess what is interesting to me is that … if you read the online comments, there are a lot of loves for Popeyes, but yet KFC as a business is vastly larger/more successful.

KFC has 23,000 locations. Popeyes has only 3000 locations. KFC has a $23-24 billion revenue. Popeyes has a 270 millions.

I think KFC has a big following in Asia. I like popeyes. I have literally only been there a few times but I would give it the thumbs up over kfc.

Has anyone been to jollibee? My company has some PH employees and they like this place.

I heard of it since college, but haven’t tried it yet. Man… I am getting older and there are more fast food I can ever try.

I guess McDonald’s success is interesting too!

2 Likes

Yum owns KFC and RBI owns Popeyes if anyone wanted to look into it further.
http://qa.yum.com/

https://www.rbi.com/Brands

My nearest Popeyes are in Brooks, Oregon and Vallejo unless something’s been added. I used to love em.
We had a tasty local chain in KC called Go Chicken Go . Gizzards and livers and everything good.

We fondly remember a Paris MCD visit in the 20th century when one of the combinations
included a serving of red wine. Easy choice with no regrets. Value for the Franc. Golden Arches then, yellow vests now.

1 Like

Still boycotting them…

Yeah, those pickles are evil.

2 Likes

I KNEW it would be interesting!

For me, I’ve never been to Popeye’s - there are none near me. I can more easily find a KFC if I wanted to.

Wish we had Popeyes in Asheville

Taco Bell has increased a lot in recent years. Gone are the .$75 or $.99 tacos!

1 Like

“Brooks, Oregon and Vallejo”

I don’t think I’ve ever heard those cities linked before!

3 Likes

Popeyes has been slowly expanding in the Triangle. A new one opened a short drive from home. I was exhausted coming back from my Florida trip and had recieved a very nice coupon in the mail so gave them a try. This location was excellent! Much, much better than the greasy experience I had at the Durham location a few years ago.

This recent visit was a new location and they goofed twice on my order but made it right and were very friendly and professional. The gofs resulted in me trying two items I never would have ordered - seasoned fries and the fried pie dessert. Both were pretty tasty! I say that as a person who usually dislikes seasoned fries.

I do think Bojangles has them beat in the biscuit department though…

2 Likes