What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

Have you tried the rattlesnake steak concoction? I have had it twice, ordering from different locations. It was better at the first place but was still quite tasty at the second. It seems to be something which is going to be calling to me to make late night drives …

1 Like

That’s what I stopped at TB yesterday to try. But didn’t see it on their new overhead menus. And didn’t catch it today at the second Bell. Might have been on the menus somewhere, but those things are really busy and difficult on old eyes. Thanks for commenting about the Rattlesnake Snake, meatn3; gives me a reason to return yet again and ask for it by name.

2 Likes

It might be a limited area trial thing. In solidarity I’ll eat another one for you!

I did a bit of fast food on my recent drive to Florida. So many places have electronic menu boards with changing screens. Many basic items such as soft drinks and fries aren’t even listed with size/price. I find the electronic screens distracting and annoying.

edit: Rattlesnake steak can be tricky to say when you are in a road weary mind fog!

3 Likes

Their nacho cheese sauce really makes things better. Pretty much any of their offerings with the sauce work for me.

2 Likes

https://www.flatlandkc.org/news-issues/taco-bells-churro-donut-is-only-in-kansas-city-we-ate-one-lets-talk/

1 Like

Business Insider: Carl’s Jr. will become the first major fast-food chain to debut a cannabis-infused burger.

2 Likes

We ate the Impossible Whopper in St. Louis last weekend. No real difference in taste from the regular one. Cost a dollar more but my vegetarian friend was happy with it.

1 Like

Wacked science rages on.

1 Like

Yeah I hear it is expensive. Pound for pound, wouldn’t raising a cow be a lot more expensive than this plant matter? It seems like the pricing is just way off. I have no skin in this game. I’m just a carnivore. I’m just curious how this thing costs so much.

2 Likes

I bet you have to some how account for selling a lower volume.

1 Like

I can’t unread that.

2 Likes

LOL must have missed Babette’s post, forgot about Dick’s Drive In. I like Dicks almost as much as In n Out :joy:

In SoCal the Impossible Burger is almost $2 more at Carl’s. That’s something like a 40% premium. My guess is it’s pricey due to only one source plus a probably premium for using the name.

1 Like

Maybe you’re paying for the initial R&D, like a drug before it goes generic.

4 Likes

I like the R&D idea.

If they’d combine the impossible burger and the CBD burger and just make a pot burger :hamburger: they’d have a winner!
:cowboy_hat_face:

Aside from Wahlburgers (which I’m avoiding), I’ve only found them in higher-end restaurants in my area. I tried one, and really liked it, but at $16 a pop, it’s not going to be a casual weekly thing for sure.

Forgive me for my comment, I live in flyover country; $16 for a near burger?

2 Likes

Yep - go into a so called fancier joint, and burgers can easily range $12-18 in my hood. These are usually “in-house ground beef with more premium beef”, fancier sides like truffle fries, home-made ketchup, etc. The burger did taste like a regular beef burger to me.

4 Likes

The first time I ate at a Popeyes it was one in Texas, I thought I had died and went to heaven, either they have changed a lot or the east coast product is not the same. EDIT: still better than most

2 Likes