What Fast Food Chain Do You Love?

Thought this was appropriate. From today’s NY Times:

2 Likes

The triangle but not in Durham? I wish there were tags or something to help people find the reccomended places. It’s not what I’m looking for when I visit my sister in Durham, but I’m thinking she might like to know.

Bojangles is nice, as I remember, and Church’s too, although I don’t remember the last time I was at either.

She probably knows about the Popeyes in Durham. It was in the news daily for several weeks due to the huge lines blocking traffic from the customers! My one experience with that location the chicken was dripping oil and the sides were not that great.

I thought maybe there were two in the triangle, and one was better.

It looks like there are 7 in the Triangle, with 6 of them in Raleigh. I’ve only been to two of them (Durham and a new Raleigh location).

1 Like

i love filly things which must be full with cheese and other special ingredients and sauces.

1 Like
1 Like

This one is pretty cool. Some of the comments are interesting.

The Takeout: The Takeout’s fantasy food draft: Best fast food menu item.

2 Likes

I agree with McDonald’s Sausage McMuffin with Egg and McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish sandwich as two of the better fast food burgers – at least among those they have described.

1 Like

Welcome to our community, we do solve may questions and problems here… related to food!!!

I was glad to see the big Mac make an appearance.

I just saw a commercial for this while watching the NHL playoffs. Has anyone tried it?

https://arbys.com/our-menu/chicken/kings-hawaiian-big-kahuna

In my mind, Big Mac is classic and very iconic. There is nothing quite like it.
No, I haven’t tried the King Hawaiian Big Kahuna.
Given that commercial burger photos are usually too picture-perfect, I decided to look up a few more real-life photos. It does look very meaty

3 Likes

I don’t eat fast food but looking at the ads for Steak and Shake and many of the other burger chains you can eat very cheaply at these places

Steak and shake was killer back in the day when I was in college in FL. I haven’t been in ages but I would try it if you can find one. Back then the decor was 50s style diner…kind of corny but kind of cool too. I’m not sure if that is the case still, but it was a fun place to go. I liked their fries as well.

Hasn’t changed

We have a few Arbys where I am, but not a lot. I’ve never eaten in one. Every time I see a picture of their food, I get indigestion.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Here’s the key; you have to eat the food first, then when you get the indigestion at least it will remind you of happy memories!

2 Likes

I’m really not a fast food person. Every couple of years in a fit of nostalgia I’ll get a McDonalds Big Mac, a Roy Rogers Double R Bar Burger, or Wendy’s Single. Red Barn of course is out of business. Nothing tastes the same as I recall from my youth and teen years. I’m sure the difference is me, not them. The cravings surely are nostalgia so I just think about it for a while and then make my own burger at home. No craving for Burger King or In and Out or Bob’s Big Boy because we didn’t have any around.
I have similar fond memories of Pizza Hut as it was a destination after cotillion every other Saturday night for six years. sigh Memories are much better than the pizza.
Subway was an adult find. Memories there when I still spent weekends gardening and doing yard work. Running to Subway for a foot long is still something we build into yard work days but there I find the consistency and quality down from just ten years ago - less chance of fog of memory. grin
Short answer - my favorites are all in my memory and if I want to eat I cook at home or clean up and go somewhere decent.

1 Like

Oh, I disagree.
The difference is definitely with them too. Things really did taste better in earlier times, before corporate bean counters changed everything.

1 Like