"What does the inside of your refrigerator say about you?"

For my new "condiment " fridge. Most of which probably wouldn’t need be refrigerated if I used them faster.

3 Likes

You will indeed! If you buy a private jet, will you please pick me up and take me somewhere?? :upside_down_face:@shrinkrap.

1 Like

As my husband would say, a “fat cat”!

1 Like

Looks familar! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Can you tell which candidate these refrigerators support?

1 Like

Fun!

Husband “what about a counter depth refrigerator?”

When my favorite aunt died, my tacky uncle married the woman he’d been seeing on the side for four + decades. First thing she did was have the kitchen carpeted- IN WHITE. If that doesn’t send a loud and clear message I’ve never seen one.

6 Likes

OMG, that’s freaking hard to wrap my mind around @ewsflash. But thanks for sharing!! :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Okay;I give. What is the message? I have no experience with kitchens? No food in the kitchen? You’d better not spill anything?

Sounds to me like someone who’s never cooked, and doesn’t intend to.

4 Likes

It said I DO NOT COOK. Or clean kitchens.

2 Likes

I feel your pain.

One of the refrigerators. I need organization in all areas of life because I can be quite scatterbrained.

However, the only ocd rule is raw proteins have their own shelf.

4 Likes

Admire your level of organization.

I also have designated spots in the fridge for raw proteins and for eggs. I want to limit possibilities for cross-contamination and that helps me.

3 Likes

Or that “dry clean only” warnings are because manufacturers don’t think anyone can wash delicates.

3 Likes

There must have been a period of time when I was under a rock…

When did meat stop being meat and become “proteins”? (Alternatively, why isn’t the peanut butter on that shelf…)

1 Like

Also…(I took the title from halfway down the page).

Three Main Meat Categories: Is Fish Meat?

1 Like

This is all true, but doesn’t affect my question, because I think it’s been normal regardless of technicalities to call that category “the meat” until somewhat recently.

If I’m wrong and people other than me have been saying “the proteins” all their lives, that would make sense. For example, did your own family commonly say “the proteins” when you were growing up, to mean “meat, fish, etc”?

I agree that the proteins is a more recent usage. I would suppose this usage evolved to reflect that people who think about such things think about the protein on their plate rather than meat exclusively. Meat + potatoes + veg ruled when I was a kid so referring to meat did the job just fine.

That said, I’m one of those people and I don’t really use the term to describe tofu or beans or any plant-based protein that I eat (we eat pretty much everything at our house). So there’s that.

1 Like