"What does the inside of your refrigerator say about you?"

Same mold thing happened to me too with maple syrup. I keep higher end oils in the fridge, just the ones I don’t use very often.

1 Like

I don’t keep maple syrup or olive oil in fridge. I never have problem of mold with syrup, need to keep the bottle very clean from other food residue. I see mold often with jam even in fridge. The olive oil bottle you saw was an infused seafood oil I made. A few fruit vinegar like lemon, citrus… I was told that they are delicate and need to be kept in fridge. As for soy sauce, hot sauce, don’t use that very often, i did feel a change in flavour leaving that outside for a prolonged period.

1 Like

Good point, I hadn’t thought of that. I go through a lot of Tabasco and it definitely loses its potency from when it’s first opened compared to the end of the bottle - maybe I will start keeping it in the fridge.

Americans keep all kinds of things in the fridge that the rest of the world does not. USDA and FDA are definitely over conservative. “They all have big fridges - just tell 'em to shove it in there.” Bah!

The irritating thing to me is when guidance is because the government agencies don’t think consumers can understand basic food safety.

Hah - well personally this rings true for me, until I get around to renovating my kitchen I am short on pantry space and do generally have space in my fridge.

Right after cleaning 1 month ago.

7 Likes

That’s a looker! Do you mind saying what’s on the middle shelf, far right?

Such a big fridge, very neat! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Looks great @ChristinaM! Did a double take, as we store our BTB in the same spot in our fridge.

It’s a yogurt strainer, to make Greek style :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here’s the situation after “eating down the fridge” (mostly) for our 10-day trip.

2 Likes

I love this thread for making my fridge stocking seem normal. When are we doing pantries? :grin:

2 Likes

I was planning on taking pantry pics on our next sunny day, so as to get good lighting for the garage pantries. Will take pics of the indoor one too. You’ll see the good, the bad and the ugly, because I’m going to leave them as is. Too chilly to go out and rearrange them.

1 Like

I have before/after pics!

1 Like

Well, you’re right on top of it - very impressive, especially with a busy little one. Maybe I’ll do the same if it warms up to anywhere above 50 degrees at least. Heading to Charlotte/Asheville/Black Mountain this Thursday. Serendipitously, have a good friend from Oregon, who’ll be in Charlotte at the same time, so will meet up with her for dinner. Life is amazing sometimes! :blush::sunny:

1 Like

Haha, I wish. Took me 2 years. Ask me about the shelf liners still sitting in rolls.

Girl, I stopped bothering with shelf liners about 30 years ago! Think I put some stuff down in the indoor pantry, though not the adhesive kind. Some sort of matting that lays flat and stays put. Easy to do.

1 Like

Not sure I want anyone to see my canning pantry. Cases of jars…

1 Like

I would like to see a canning pantry!

We are officially doing pantries!
I never thought this counted as a pantry, but here goes.

4 Likes

So organised! And everything in 1 place!

(I think it’s better to start a new pantry thread.)

2 Likes