"What does the inside of your refrigerator say about you?"

We drove an hour and crossed the border, to the Pizza Hut Buffet for my cousin’s 36th birthday, in February 1998!

Apple Pie Pizza for dessert!

My last visit to Glasgow was in May 2018, same week as Meghan Markle’s wedding. We had enchiladas at a little Mexican restaurant operating in the same building as the Chamber of Commerce, but it closed in 2020 or 2021.

I will try Eugene’s some day!

1 Like

I miss the ‘old’ Glasgow. Something happened in the scramble for the Bakken lifestyle and the last time I drove through, I just had to keep going. One of my docs grew up in Glasgow. it seems to have been a wholesome life coming up there.
Good luck with the Flathead. I’m waiting for the great migration away from there. Somebody said, ‘build it and they will come’ and Don Henley sings about ‘paradise’. They’re not kidding. The Flathead, the 90/93 corridor is like Hong Kong. All the land is bought up. All that can be done is to build up. Skyscrapers to get that view of the Rockies.

3 Likes

I hear you mts, but the “old Glasgow” died between 1967 and 1990 when the Glasgow AFB closed and the drought hit again in the 1980’s. All the old cafes and most of the old businesses that I knew in the 1970’s were gone by 1990. The same thing happened in Fort Peck.
The Bakken never gave Glasgow a second look. We were a county too far away to matter.
The good news for Glasgow is that the population declines from 1967 to 1990 are over. Glasgow is at 3200 people and looks to be staying there. We only have 4 or 5 cafes now, plus a fast food joint or two, but the ones that have survived appear to be either holding on or slowly fading out and new ones moving in. If you drive by again, stop in at the Busted Knuckle, or at Eugene’s and order a Super. That is a fine pizza!
I do not know what Flathead County will be like, but I know that I want to wake up and smell Douglas firs and see the mountains and the lake. I am done with living in the middle of drought, dust, sagebrush and wheat fields.
And I am totally done with the madness of the DMV/Washington DC area.

3 Likes

Best wishes in making that happen for you! I agree, the scent of the big forest is necessary. Time to relocate!

2 Likes

Fort Peck is pretty depressing right now.

1 Like

3 Likes

How boring!

2 Likes

Not to mention, actually by itself unhealthy. Which is why I’ll let celebrities inform me about celebrity, but not diet, or politics, or much else in which they have no quantifiable expertise.

Oh, and I can put together a perfect crunchy salad without help.

8 Likes

My morning view.

There are two toms near me but they seldom come out of the brush.

And i found this at the Albertsons. Montana is a slight bit more cosmopolitan than it was 40 years ago when i left.

11 Likes

My friend was a concierge in the 90s, and met Cameron Diaz. In person, she looked like she didn’t eat back then. I’m guess that’s how she still looks.

1 Like

I only buy and use white wine for cooking. :joy:
If you see it in my fridge, it’s probably going to be used in beurre blanc or poached pears.

That reads like an ad for her wine. I was hoping to learn more about the salad ( I need help, or maybe motivation), but it was barely mentioned!

4 Likes

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/cameron-diaz-fridge-wine-salad-instagram-b2358287.html The backlash has been reported :smiley:

3 Likes

Oooh, that was a burn :fire:

1 Like

Don’t act so surprised. She was a early adopter of Goop.

4 Likes

Holiday refrigerator Jenga

8 Likes

Is that really yours???

1 Like

Yep.

1 Like

Now THAT looks like a well stocked refrigerator! Call me crazy but the thing that jumped out at me was how efficient that short shelf space at the bottom with the eggs looks. I have a LOT of containers that height in my taller shelf spaces, some double stacked some not. I have a shelf I stored downstairs. I may bring it up when I get home and try a “short shelf” out.
The other thing I thought about, after seeing all your yogurt, was my kefir grains. I hope they are still good when i get home! LOL! I just started making my own kefir last month and I do not know how they will tolerate 2 weeks of non-use.

3 Likes

Impressive. But only 1 carton of eggs? This year’s cookie-baking for family boxes/gift-giving required 6 cartons here and I get anxious when down to just 1.

3 Likes