What do you fix when you're too tired to cook?

To me, the food choice matters less than how it happens. If I’m tired I don’t plan, and I stop pretending to be civilized. In other words, whatever you eat when you’re tired and also very drunk, that’s about where I get to just from being tired. :grin:
(I don’t really get drunk much, and if I did I’d just fall asleep anyway.)

1 Like

I’m having a deja vu reaction to this thread. I know I have answered this type of question here before…

• Eggs
  • Toast
  • Endless variations on those two
4 Likes

I guess I was (also) too tired to check :wink:.

3 Likes

Remember that the next time you’re throwing shade at my delicious Impossible Whopper from Burger King. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Usually late is the issue for us, rather than tired.

This layered dip concoction of Kuner’s black beans with chili spices, Cabot reduced fat cheddar, guacamole, all topped with salsa has been my get out of jail free card since the pandemic hit. Tortilla chips on the side for scooping. I keep ingredients on hand so I can break this out when I need to, every couple of weeks.

Otherwise the answer when it’s too late to cook is typically an assembly of fridge loot: maybe cheese, hummus or baba ganoush, pita/sliced bread/crackers, olives or nuts, sliced or pickled vegetables, whatever fruit we may have.

My husband doesn’t want eggs for dinner unless there’s a quiche or a frittata involved. I don’t get to rely on the trusty eggs for dinner option. Too bad, because eggs make such a great quick dinner.

8 Likes

Found it.

4 Likes

Is easy the same as too tired, lol…

3 Likes

Popcorn or bourbon.
Or popcorn and bourbon.
Or just bourbon. :blush:

Alternatively; boiling stock with sliced galangal and lemon grass, egg tofu medallions, red Thai peppers, sugar and seasoning sauce to taste (if necessary). Bowl and season with lime juice to taste and top generously with rough cut coriander.

Serve with…bourbon, of course.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Outstanding video!

Also lazy, bored, out of ideas, fed up,…

1 Like

:grin:. Although lazy I am not.

Those were for me!

1 Like

Hard to imagine you are any of those things!

1 Like

Sometimes I’m too tired, but I wouldn’t classify myself as easy. :thinking:

Is just not wanting to make difficult food the same thing as being too tired - it seems like it’s probably the same thing most of the time.

You’re tired and in the middle of making soup, and now suddenly you’re going bowling? :grin:

2 Likes

Tomato/Mayo sandwich is such a southern thing. My Mom would make that on occasion

2 Likes

Fried egg sandwich, cheese melted on crackers or bread in microwave, buttered pasta sprinkled with parm, toast.

4 Likes

But it isn’t delicious. It’s just over-salted, processed packing material. One meal may not hurt you but why bother?

1:55

1 Like

Dude, I’m 66 and way past the time when I need to be told what is delicious and what is not. I’m good. Honestly.

7 Likes