What do you fix when you're too tired to cook?

Me, a milkshake.

3 Likes

or…Soft boiled egg and toast or…
Tomato mayo toasted sandwich.

3 Likes

I have a lot of stuff in the freezer. Frozen cubes of pesto, soup, lasagna.

5 Likes

Their idea of quick and easy is a lot more complex than me sticking my TV dinner in the microwave.

6 Likes

Smart. Freezer dives are common at our place too. But if I don’t plan ahead or feel like it I scope out the counter and frig. Honestly, it’s more about how much I feel like cleaning up rather than what I can fix quick. If I’m eating alone, I don’t fix the same way. Tonight I had a banana for dinner followed by the last pc of cheesecake.

6 Likes

Leave it to the NYTimes to complicate a straight forward question. :wink:

5 Likes

Bread and cheese and a salade or sandwich with ham cheese with whatever vegetables. Pasta with canned tuna with grated Parmesan, lemon juice and herbs.

Order food to deliver if very tired.

7 Likes

Good instant ramen, doctored up with tons of raw green veggies, and a protein (which is usually leftover), such as tuna [pictured below] or tofu). We get good instant ramen from my neighborhood Japanese market.

8 Likes

Delicious idea!

1 Like

Tonight I pulled a few steamed eggs out and made salad. If I remember, keeping a doz eggs hardboiled is a pretty handy quick grab meal.

3 Likes

Chinese takeout. Or Korean takeout from the local place.

2 Likes

Peanut butter on toast.

If too tired for that, then peanut butter on untoasted bread, or a wheat tortilla.

And if that seems like too much effort, then a spoonful of two of peanut butter straight from the jar.

Usually followed by a couple swigs of Kefir.

(Those have been my “dinner” the last two nights.)

3 Likes

PB&J with single-malt scotch (neat)

• or -

Ice cream with granola (lots of granola).

1 Like

Eggs over easy . Store bought frozen hashbrowns . Toast .

2 Likes

Anything I can find. Usually some eggs and leftover bread. :grinning:

3 Likes

This is why eggs are the perfect food.

4 Likes

Yeah no big recipe. Boil and eat.

A Cheeseboard, assorted bread sticks, crackers and fresh seasonal preferred fruits.

2 Likes

Tired isn’t usually an issue. Late more often. Leftovers are top of the list. Something with eggs. Often one thing - a protein, a veg, a starch. I’m not picky when I’m late and one meal that isn’t balanced won’t do me any harm.

2 Likes

To me, the food choice matters less than how it happens. If I’m tired I don’t plan, and I stop pretending to be civilized. In other words, whatever you eat when you’re tired and also very drunk, that’s about where I get to just from being tired. :grin:
(I don’t really get drunk much, and if I did I’d just fall asleep anyway.)

1 Like