What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #2?

You bet. We did a couple of KC barrel picks but Beam was not as interested in our selection process and just rolled out 3 barrels and said pick one. When they told us we had to pick one we backed away but may revisit if they change their mandatory purchase requirement

We buy if we like it. Not uncommon for us to pick 3 barrels of OWA or now OWA FP from BT. Just didn’t like you have to buy if we roll out a few barrels

1 Like

International whiskies. Japan, Taiwan, India, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Germany, India, Italy, Spain, Sweden.

4 Likes

Are you at the UN? Are those yours? The only one I have is the Hibiki which is unopened. I don’t know what I’m waiting for. What did you think of the 12?

In the spirit of full disclosure I only started drinking whiskey/whisky/bourbon seven years ago…excluding my college days of course.

I’m pretty much an Old Fashioned guy and that may be because I need the sweetness to dilute the sharpness.

Anyway, I’m eager to hear your thoughts on the internationals whiskies and I’ll give your choices a try if I can find them locally.

Cheers.

1 Like

I’m definitely not a whiskey expert, my neighbor had a tasting. My favorites were the Ichinois from Japan and the Limeburners from Australia. I wasn’t crazy about the Ka Va Lans from Taiwan. The Brenne from France was also interesting. They are all different, some are aged in sherry casks, some in poor casks, some in American oak bourbon casks.

2 Likes

Popped this bottle a few days ago. Going fast

3 Likes

Kentucky mule

2 Likes

Negroni

5 Likes

Cancelled a trip to the desert in order to finish up some business over the weekend. Here’s to the working class.

3 Likes

The working glass or the working class? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That’s a serious pour. Must have been a rough week.

2 Likes

Indeed it was on both counts. I finished it off when cleaning the kitchen. I took my crazy pills and poured a night cap of Quintessence on the deck. I won’t make it long. Good night everyone.

3 Likes

I bought this on a whim the other day with another type of cider. The other was absolutely awful. This one is lovely.

Cheers to the weekend!

4 Likes

The last of the last case of Jim Beam Repeal day bourbon bought for my daughter’s wedding, went into my 5L barrel. Way more vodka drinkers :roll_eyes:

Had a pour this afternoon while roasting coffee

3 Likes

I got some sour glasses recently so of course had to try one out with a whiskey sour.

6 Likes

Such a pretty glass!

1 Like

It could be the first of a few…

Edited:

Yep.

3 Likes

Happy Friday to all! :cocktail::cocktail:

4 Likes

Friday, my second favorite “F” word…right behind fourbon.

Cheers!

1 Like

Haha - yes, my favorite f word too! Always good juju on Fridays and there’s an upbeat energy in the air typically…

Have a good one!

I’m enjoying Chardonnay, nothing special, and not just one either.

1 Like

:yum: :wine_glass: