What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #2?

Commando
1 1/2 oz. bourbon (I used Maker’s 46)
3/4 oz. Cointreau
3/4 oz. lime juice
1/4 oz. 2:1 simple syrup
Absinthe for rinsing the glass

Rinse a cocktail or coupe glass with the absinthe. Shake all of the other ingredients over ice and strain into the glass.

2 Likes

A French Pearl, using this recipe https://punchdrink.com/recipes/french-pearl/

I want to know more about your tasting. And why is there a Quaker Oats container in the queue ?

Lovely color

1 Like

You need something to absorb the alcohol after tasting 50 bourbons!
Actually last week we did another tasting of moonshines, with flavored whiskeys as dessert (some weird stuff - butterscotch, chocolate mint, apple pie, almond, etc.). My neighbor volunteers at spirit competitions and brings home cases of spirits after each event. He just finished up the international spirits completion so in a week or so we are going to taste a lot of Japanese whiskeys.

1 Like

Is the Old Pappy’s 20 from your own bunker? I have a resentment festering for Buffalo Trace.

No not mine. My bunker contains only a soon to be emptied bottle of Bulleit rye that I use for cocktails. I like bourbon but don’t collect it.

1 Like

I agree, I also drink what I buy. Last year I picked up 4 bottles of Blanton’s but this year I’ve only gotten 2. It’s not great bourbon and definitely not worth the secondary market price. I am of the same opinion on Old Pappy’s. Not even close to the obscene secondary market price.

Btw, Bulleit 10 year was my go-to bourbon for Old Fashions for a long while. Now I suppose my go-to is the Knob Creek 12. I prefer higher octane or my engine starts to knock.

2 Likes

Nice spread! What time should I be over for happy hour?

1 Like

Happy hour runs from 4 pm to bedtime. Stop on by!!!

1 Like

Not sure whether it was Henny Youngman or Rodney Dangerfield:

HennyRodney: What a crowd. Nice joint this place. Oooo, I’ve worked some really rough joints . . .

Heckler: How rough was it ? . . .

HennyRodney: I’ll tell ya, it was so rough that when somebody called to ask, “when’s the first show?”, the guy answering the phone says, “What time can you get here?”

2 Likes

That sounds like Rodney Dangerfield.

1 Like

3 hour appointment at the dentist today, with a new assistant. Kind of an ordeal actually, so a pre-cocktail of sorts was nitrous oxide, followed by two! gin martinis! Went immediately to the resto after the appointment - living dangerously I know…not the ETOH, but rather the Delta variant :scream_cat: Feeling ok now! :cocktail:Yay!

1 Like

Calvados … After lunch …

3 Likes

No question here:

Take my wife, Please.

We’re married forty years. The secret?

We go out for a romantic dinner twice a week . . . candlelight, a drink, maybe a little wine . . .

She goes Tuesdays, and I go Fridays.

3 Likes

Very civilized

1 Like

Rusty Nail: 2 parts Scotch to 1 part Drambuie, served on the rocks.

2 Likes

The KC12 is a really nice bottle. Kinda similar to Bookers

1 Like

Both high proof from Beam