What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #2?

:speaking_head: GOOD MORNING! :drum: :notes: :trumpet:

Back at ya! :chicken::hatched_chick::sun_with_face:

1 Like

I just had an Old Fashioned as well. A couple of months ago, we were gifted some of those fancy bar cherries.

2 Likes

Drinking from a fresh cracked bottle of Old Weller Antique we bought a barrel of back in 2012. Damn good pour

2 Likes

Strawberry margarita, because we were at margarita happy hour after several years!

2 Likes

A happy hour (lazy man’s) Old Fashioned along with sesame Grahams topped with plain goat cheese and blood orange marmalade. Oh and a muted NFL game and a magazine.

4 Likes

Got a new glass, broke it in with a Sazerac.

5 Likes

6 Likes

I was at an event at element in Union Square in SF (cocktail lounge above One65), and had their “Perfect Manhattan” which is made with Knob Creek Rye, Four Roses Bourbon, and something that added a smoky taste (not sure if it was a peaty Scotch or a smoked bitters). Whatever it was, it added an off element that I wasn’t expecting or really looking for.

3 Likes

The usual.

4 Likes

How do you like that? I bought a bottle for my bar to impress my bourbon drinking buddy and he said he prefers my Makers.

Everyone has their taste and Makers Mark is very popular. People should drink what feels good to them. As for me I’m not a fan of it. Neither am I a fan of 1792 Small or Single, but definitely fond of the Full Proof. But meh, after a drink or two no one can tell the difference anyway.

1 Like

Enjoy my friend

1 Like

Broke in another new glass with a martini with a twist. Happy Friday everyone.

3 Likes

Whiskey Sour, with half Buffalo Trace bourbon and half Kiln Embers scotch whiskey which gave it a real smoky taste, sweetened with maple syrup

3 Likes

I got me one of them fancy LG refrigerator with 2 ice makers, one regular and one “craft”. I’ve been a fan of using ice balls in my drinks but have had to rely on the silicone molds. Not anymore!!! Tonight was the first “craft ice” cocktail, Stoli on the rock! Aka the Alcatraz!! (c) I declare ghetto copyright protection of my new drink!! Lol

Cheers, we all need it!!!

4 Likes

Omg! I’m so jelly!! I have to make them with those rubber molds or buy them at the store. :triumph:

1 Like

A pisco punch at the recently reopened 100+ year old Comstock Saloon in North Beach, San Francisco.

3 Likes

Very glad to hear that Comstock is back open.

1 Like

Met up with friends for dinner on Friday night at a favorite restaurant in nearby town. Lovely seeing them, since it had been awhile, thanks to the pandemic. The place was buzzing, with an almost festive atmosphere. Had two Tanqueray and Tonics, as did one half of the other dining couple - never knew she liked gin! They have a wonderful cocktail menu, but I felt like keeping it simple, and didn’t regret it.

The food was great too - a Viet/Thai/Maylasian place, so the libation paired well. Happy night.

3 Likes