What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #2?

Watching the PGA Championship hoping the “old man” can pull it off.

3 Likes

He did it :+1:

1 Like

Pulled out an older bottle I purchased several years ago. Very delicious

6 Likes

Nice. Gawd, you’re killing me with all these wonderful whiskies.

1 Like

First drink in a bar, inside, in over a year - martini with a twist at the recently reopened House of Shields, San Francisco.

As an aside, there is a legend/rumor that President Warren G. Harding passed away here (during Prohibition) and was moved back to his room at the Palace Hotel across the street via a secret tunnel. https://savingplaces.org/stories/the-house-of-shields-in-san-francisco#.YMQqDTZKhdk

4 Likes

My bar is always open, you make it down this way drop me a line. We’ll share a bite and a pour

1 Like

Yet another mai tai :desert_island:

3 Likes

It was 94 degrees here yesterday–time for a gin & tonic.

5 Likes

Had a “River Bend” at the Linden Room in San Francisco, a small bar attached to Nightbird in Hayes Valley.

Forget what exactly was in it but it had sassafras infused bourbon, Peychauds bitters, and an amaro. With a grapefruit twist. Tasted like a spicy old fashioned. Think it’s named after the neighborhood in New Orleans.

6 Likes

Cheers!

4 Likes

Whiskey Sour- with maple syrup as the sweetener

4 Likes

I’ve been sipping Canadian maple whisky - one of these days I’ll get around to making an old fashioned with it, which was the whole reason I bought it in the first place. But a maple whisky sour sounds like a good alternative!

1 Like

It was quite good and so easy to make, I was thinking why don’t I make these more often!

I bought Knob Creek Smoked Maple bourbon for Manhattans and to sip and also discovered it was wonderful in eggnog.

2 Likes

I went way overboard on gin & tonics Saturday. I noticed my liver had packed its bag and sat it next to the door so I gave it a rest yesterday.

2 Likes

I started working this AM only to rcv a call from the pet spa. Yikes! I forgot the girls had a spa day planned. :joy:

So off we raced then after dropping them I thought to heck with work. I shopped at a few places and picked up the kids on the way home.

Now I’m prepping stuff for dinner and poured a lazy person’s Old Fashion. I’ve not tried Stellum bourbon before but hmmmmm I like it. :drooling_face:

So cheers!

2 Likes

Pernelle
Equal parts pear eau de vie, vodka, elderflower liqueur, lemon juice over crushed ice with lemon twist and rosemary sprig. I’d drink this again.

5 Likes

Switched bourbons today. Kinda disappointed.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that. We gladly learned about the same distillery’s Buffalo Trace on a recent flight, and were later delighted to discover its modest price.

1 Like

Eagle Rare is usually just fine by me but yesterday’s Stellum was quite good.

I drink plenty of Buffalo Trace. No complaints here.