What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #2?

DOUBLE Mai Tai, because it has been one of those weeks.

2 Likes

An Iron Ranger, from the book Easy Tiki .

2 oz. bourbon
1 oz. pineapple juice
3/4 oz. lemon juice
1/2 oz. John D. Taylor’s Velvet Falernum
1/2 oz. 1:1 simple syrup (or 1/4 oz. 2:1 simple syrup if that’s all you have)
2 dashes Angostura bitters

Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Add 1 large ice cube and shake until it melts. Strain into a hurricane or Collins glass and top with crushed ice. Garnish with grated cinnamon, a cinnamon stick, and a mint sprig.

4 Likes

I was inspired by your mai tais and hopped on the mai tai boat

2 Likes

I had one gin and tonic and that’s all I could take today. I tried, I really tried hard but it just wasn’t going down. So I’m on water with cucumber slices. What a waste of a beautifully warm weekend afternoon. :sob:

It sounds like you’re not feeling well @Respectfully_Declined - maybe just not in a gin mood? Maybe tomorrow - feel better! :sun_with_face:

1 Like

@brisket44, @Mr_Happy, @StephanieL - good job on the great looking and sounding tiki drinks! Now I’m jealous - damn! Nice mug too @brisket44! Thanks for the link to the glassware @StephanieL. This gives me gifting ideas. :tropical_drink::coconut::moyai:

Not quite tiki, but SIL will be joining us to celebrate Greek Easter tomorrow, along with DD1, AND, he’s going to make Philadelphia Fish House Punch! Not quite tiki, but a rather storied drink, with island (of course) influences. (He’s from New Hope, Pa), and wants to share this part of his culture. For 4 of us! We’ll have to go easy, from what I hear…evidently, from what I gleaned, back in the day, if the ceremonial punch bowl wasn’t being used for parties, it served as a baptismal font. Ok, my punch bowl isn’t that big, but maybe I better invite a couple other people over to have a cup or two.
Never had it before. Pics and thoughts tomorrow.

2 Likes

Good point! I’ll give it the ole college try again in the morning. Lol. Thanks!

2 Likes

I had to look it up, but the recipe sound great! The last time I made a punch for a party I froze lemon slices in ice in those 1/4 pint take out containers and it made for a festive punch bowl and they melted pretty slowly.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas for an Ouzo cocktail - somebody gave me a bottle and I’m trying to find a good cocktail to make with it.

1 Like

That’s the spirit @Respectfully_Declined - pun duly intended! Happy weekend! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Great idea on the lemon slices @brisket44 - will put some sliced strawberries in there too for looks. Looking forward to trying it. Will post pics as promised - especially if we use it for a baptism after the punch lol. :scream_cat:JK!

Earl Grey Marteani. I used my drink mixer to mix for 10 seconds rather than the dry shake before shaking with ice.

4 Likes

[quote=“naf, post:1, topic:24436, full:true”]

[/quote]

It was a good day

4 Likes

Sunday’s Greek Easter libation. I know, incongruous, being that it’s Philadelphia Fish House Punch. Lots of interesting stories behind the grog. It was tasty but potent. Consumed slowly, and in small glasses. It didn’t get garnished in the last minute rush. Not the best pic, but you get the idea.

3 Likes

Gin and tonic, with a dash of dry vermouth, celery bitters, lemon and lime.

2 Likes

Inspired by David Leibovitz’s IG live today, we made the Twin Peak. Lime juice, simple syrup, green chartreuse, gin. Serve over ice and garnish with a sage leaf. This was really really good.

5 Likes

I wanted to love these, but they (the Cosmo and the Mai Tai) are overly sweet and strong, and have a medicinal aftertaste. Both are helped by a generous squeeze of lime, but so far I’m not sold on the value proposition. Nice bottle, though.

2 Likes

About the only thing I drink is whisky and brandy. He’s a favorite from the other night.

3 Likes

Took the day off to do some spring landscaping on last summer’s pandemic deck expansion. Added railroad ties as a firm border around the newly stoned area around the deck expansion. (Bob’s House of Big Noodles coming soon) Now enjoying the best $2.69 cigar (prize fighter look for it at your local super shop rite, you’re welcome!!) and a Stoli on the rocks on a beautiful spring night in NJ. Beastie boys playing on the tv providing an old school throw back vibe for me. Dammit I’m 51. Cheers friends, God bless!!

7 Likes

Friday Mai Tai

4 Likes

Little Italy variant
Rye, sweet vermouth, Aperol, sage bitters and orange twist

4 Likes