What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #2?

Also, some Tennessee Whiskey does not use the Lincoln Process and is exempted, such as Prichard’s Tennessee whiskey.

1 Like

Martinez (orange)
Gin, sweet vermouth, dry curaçao and bitters.

1 Like

Mai Tai, Smugglers Cove recipe

3 Likes

Nice looking Mai Tai @brisket44 - I gifted SIL a copy of that book.

Thanks, I’m a big fan of tiki cocktails.
I’ve been craving one but realized I didn’t have any of the ingredients, so it was a two weekend project rounding up the right rum, dry curaçao and orgeat - but now I’m stocked for when the urge strikes again!

Me too, all things tiki! I don’t mix drinks much at home except for fairly basic stuff; if it’s a holiday, or special occasion, I’ll frequently make a seasonal or themed cocktail to accompany.

I DO want to search for vintage tiki glass and bar ware to gift to DD2 and SIL. I’ve found a few things so far, including some great bamboo looking paper straws. Also lots of paper umbrellas - I know, kitschy! Can’t help it. Cheers to you @brisket44! :tropical_drink:

1 Like

Looks good! Nice lime and mint island. I miss going to Smuggler’s Cove, fun place for a drink or two. Hope that they are able to open up again in the near future.

They’ve been serving cocktails to go during the pandemic so it looks like they won’t be a casualty.
The lime and mint seem like they’d just be for visual effect, but you get their aroma every time you take a sip so I think it’s an integral part of the recipe.

1 Like

Forbidden Island in Alameda has some nice barware. They were surviving on takeout cocktails during the worst of the closures, and they’re back to outdoor and (limited) indoor service.

3 Likes

Last night I poured my first gin and tonic for the season and it tasted great. So great it lead to a second and third. Cheers

4 Likes

Not quite appropriate weather here yet but I’ve got my Fever Tree tonic and limes on standby.

2 Likes

I :heart: Fever Tree tonic and their soda. I need to make a run to the store to buy more tonic today! Their small bottles are perfect for me. Always fresh tonic/soda!

2 Likes

I had a gimlet yesterday on the rock. 2.5oz gin, 0.5oz sweetened lime juice, shake and strain into glass.

I used this sweetened lime juice for the first time, thought it was quite a bit better than Rose’s.

5 Likes

Thus was supposed to be a Mr. Stair but I didn’t have cucumbers so used fresh squeezed orange instead and nixed the simple syrup - oh and I don’t own coup glasses.
Pear eau de vie, lemon juice, orange juice, St Germain, orange bitters. Delicious.

3 Likes

Revisited an old bottle
Just delicious

2 Likes

Last night’s cocktail: Smuggler’s Cove Planter’s Punch. Made by SIL

3 Likes

Nice! Looks like I’ll need to add St. Elizabeth’s Allspice Dram to my liquor cabinet.

1 Like

Funny how that works…

1 Like

Me too, especially now that I have a bottle of Velvet Falernum. My wife, the queen of homemade tinctures, cordials, etc., wants to make some.

1 Like

Ah yes, Falernum, Allspice Dram, Orgeat, pot stilled rum, the list grows - any other tiki cocktail essentials?