Shake and strain over fresh ice

Float 1oz spiced / dark rum

3 Likes

Sounds delish and enjoy! I’m envious!

1 Like

At the bar it looks like this

5 Likes

5 Likes

Just fabulous! At a favorite resto on Maui, their house Mai Tai comes topped with a passion fruit foam, and is sublime! I love passion fruit :heart: Your cocktail looks well made, and I’m sure is delicious.

ETA: I’ll post a Mai tai recipe here as soon as I can chase it down - it’s a good one, and a little different to others I’ve enjoyed. A copy cat recipe from the Hanimale General Store on the slopes of Haleakala, a now closed but much loved and missed restaurant by Chef Beverly Gannon.

2 Likes

Mahalo !

1 Like

And back at ya @chienrouge ! Added a touch of the tropics to my dreary day/evening (weather wise) At least I’m working on a nice glass of wine, but I should go get a little umbrella to put in it. Cheers!

1 Like

Changes in latitudes changes in attitudes @Lambchop

1 Like

Coffee milk chocolate rum ice

7 Likes

Love the tiki glass! Looks like T-Day prep is underway where you are - enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving! :maple_leaf::turkey:

1 Like

Thanks and likewise. I made an apple pie today. My work is done for now.

4 Likes

Vietnamese coffee at home with regular 2 % milk, a splash of maple syrup and cardamom bitters.

4 Likes

Dangerous. Very dangerous.

At least we didn’t kill the bottle of Moutai.

7 Likes

Ward 8
Because I wanted to try out my homemade grenadine

3 Likes

It seems that when America awakens on Black Friday it jumps into full tilt Christmas mode. In the spirit of “if you can’t beat them, join them” I made my favorite Christmas drink, martinis.

2 Likes

Thanksgivings over it’s on to xmas lol

Also banane du bresil

Turducken nosh

5 Likes

Keeping the nice foam on your cocktails good ice that’s pro shit !

How do you make grenadine ?

1 Like

I had never really thought about what grenadine was made from then I stumbled on a recipe and am kicking myself that I’ve never made it before because it is so easy and you can adjust the sweet/tart. Squeeze pomegranates (or buy pomegranate juice), heat up and add sugar and lemon. When it cools add a couple teaspoons of rose water. You can also use pomegranate syrup. I’m gonna try orgeat syrup next.

2 Likes

I can’t buy those luxardo cherries anymore because my teen discovered them for her mocktails and goes through them too fast - I need to find something cheaper.