What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #2?

@brisket44 @BeefeaterRocks - it’s hangover free in and of itself! I’ve seen 2 episodes so far.

It seems to not have the hokey personal drama among contestants that a lot of these types of shows have and some interesting ideas - seems like making those agar agar vermouth beads isn’t too hard for instance. But who is dressing these people!

I think they take the you drink the cocktail with your eyes first mantra a step too far but it’s a diverse group of mixologists I’ll give em that! I’m gonna see #3 tonight or tomorrow if i get the time. Finding something that both me and the missus both enjoy is rare so I’ll take it.

i thought it was cool using a taller ice cube that showed on top face the lower lighter color below the darker float on one drink and some cool ideas that maybe we could do. that bar studio is fucking fantastic tho that would be a lot of fun! I’m not sold on the over abundant garnishes tho or rushing out to buy dry ice.

2 Likes

Anyone interested in a cocktail challenge with photos and recipe? I was thinking of an old music club/bar Sir Morgan’s Cove that met the wrecking ball and of course then there’s Captain Morgan’s rum and a lot of other pirate themes to be had.

I’m going to take this sophisticated concept to the woodshed. Maybe someone else wants to play a game? It will be like online Drink Masters, Worcester meets Key West for the first episode. Rated arrrr.

2 Likes

OK, long day in the salt mines, here’s what I felt like making…

2 shots Fortaleza Blanco, Cactus Cooler, bit of grenadine, float of Cap’n Morgans.

My ten year old said it looks so pretty, it’s ombre (that’s a hair style gents), so I’m calling it Dos Hombres! Sometimes it takes two strong liquors to get the job done.

6 Likes

Hit my storage unit the other day and picked up some whiskey selections. An Old Weller Antique, a Four Roses bourbon and a Yamasaki malt. The bourbons were from barrels my bourbon group picked several years ago

With the reports of hurricane Nicole heading our way, I was planning my indulgences for being home bound for a day or two. I cleared the yard of anything that could fly this afternoon. Sprinkler system turned off. Fingers crossed

1 Like

Have to mention that the box of Cohibas are completely fake. It was given to me by my daughter’s boyfriend’s dad now her father in law. It has been unopened as I have no intention of ever smoking one and was kept in the cabinet as a conversation piece

Because I know nothing about cigars, how did you know that the Cohibas were fake?

Dominated the papas flautas

El Carmen 3d St LA

Nearly all tequilas above

Happy Veterans Day

4 Likes

The glass top! Dead giveaway

Pegu Club. Not the ideal cold-weather drink, but the heat is on at my house.

2 Likes

Having an old fashioned made with Milam and Green Port finished rye. It is superb. The BB is in the oven.

4 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Just got back from a fundraiser out at Garrison Brothers in Hye. The single barrel bourbon is delicious, and as a cold wind whipped across the hills it was warning, too.

2 Likes

A Park Avenue. This hit me hard.

–2 oz. gin
–3/4 oz. pineapple juice
–3/4 oz. sweet vermouth
–2 tbsp. orange curacao

Shake over ice and strain into a cocktail glass.

5 Likes

Tequila Sour

5 Likes

Looks good
Did u shake it with egg white before pouring over ice ? Nice froth action.

Yes. I wanted a margarita but was out of orange liquor, had a fridge full of Myer lemons and angostura bitters and simple syrup on hand, so had to pivot. Used anejo and blanco tequilas - its a double so was easy to do the math.

5 Likes

Nice. We had some persimmons here and those also went nicely with tequila lime and equally fresh cactus cooler. You’re probably ahead of me but you can take stuff like persimmons or vanilla or jalapenos etc and put it into a batch of simple syrup. I don’t get carried away here. Sometimes I like a more thirstquenching drink (that is also strong) so the added soda is what I like personally. I’m a big fan of pina jaritos sodas and other sodas with silver tequila nice and ez too…

5 Likes

3 Likes