What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #2?

Try it with Doorly’s XO which is very good, unadulterated and not expensive at Total Wine

1 Like

Not so much in the cocktail, which is quite sweet. I added more gin to the prunes and will see what the gin itself tastes like in a couple of weeks.

Heatwave in Europe.

Leffe blond beer on the rocks.
Lillet rose on the rocks.
Johnny Walker double black on the rocks with a splash of coconut juice.

:star_struck:

1 Like

Can def tell aged the rougher notes are smoothed off and the higher grassy notes more concentrated. Consistency similar. Smoother. Need a few regular bottles of green as cellar defenders.

The Morris in sf has had cool menus of vintage chartreuse btw

6 Likes

Corpse Reviver #2: give a cocktail class an absinthe wash, then add 3/4 oz. each of gin, Lillet blanc, orange curacao, and lemon juice (I used Meyer lemon juice) to a mixing glass or cocktail shaker. Add ice, then shake and strain into the cocktail glass.

4 Likes

Daiquiri.
August is National rum month, there is still time.

5 Likes

Seven Fingers: rum, passion fruit, lemon, calamansi liqueur and falernum.
ABV San Francisco
Delicious tiki style cocktail. I can make a decent cocktail but these folks are pros. Their food is excellent too - burger and soft shell crab tacos.

6 Likes

Naked and Famous

5 Likes

love all things made with passionfruit, this sounds great

2 Likes

Yesterday I had white port by Fonseca, so so good, just on the rocks with a slice of lemon.

And then today, Manzanilla sherry by Mil Pesetas.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip re ABV. I’ll be sure to check it out when I’m in SF mid October! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh have fun! If you’re into cocktails San Francisco has a wealth of choices. So many in fact it’s probably best to figure out where you will be and then you can pick one in the vicinity. Trick Dog, ABV, True Laurel, Bar Agricole in the Mission all have good cocktails and food. Smugglers cove for serious tiki cocktails, Whitechapel if you are into gin, etc., etc. the list goes on.

2 Likes

Agreed! For tiki, I’ll put in a plug for Pagan Idol on Bush Street, and Forbidden Island in Alameda. There’s also still a Trader Vic’s, in Emeryville.

3 Likes

Gonna be my first time SF, and won’t have that many days. Not booked a hotel yet so neighbourhood also unsure for now… When the time comes I’ll put in a thread asking for recs!

2 Likes

+1 to all of these (haven’t been to Bar Agricole though, or Trader Vic’s - I should go there at some point, apparently their lease is up in 2023). Also recommend Pacific Cocktail Haven (Union Square) and Kona’s Street Market (SoMa) for some Asian inspired cocktails as well. And Stookey’s Club Moderne in the Tenderloin for some classic drinks in a cool Art Deco space. Lots of good cocktail bars in SF.

6 Likes

Hurricane

6 Likes

Caipirinha

7 Likes

Phenomenal drink! Respectfully_Declined - it’s equal parts bourbon, Aperol, Amaro Nonnino, and lemon juice.

3 Likes

Some weeks just inevitably lead to martinis. 3:1 Fords and Dolin right after Lester Holt.

3 Likes

Paper Plane
I didn’t strain the lemon so it got a little frothy on top

3 Likes