What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #2?

Cinzano + sparkling lemonade.

3 Likes

Tonight:

5 Likes

Mostly hype and wouldn’t pay a premium for it but Jefferson makes some decent whiskey

Raspberry Cosmo, Ruth’s Chris in San Diego:

2 Likes

Phoenix Bowl and Zombie - Kon-Tiki, Oakland, CA

3 Likes

And to eat?

Got some hot wings from Kowbird - Matt Horn’s fried chicken place about a half mile from his BBQ joint. Flavor was good but pretty greasy and you can see the spicing is uneven. Real lack of quality control there. Also hit up Tacos Oscar, which was great as always. Going to sunny Oakland for the day when SF is under a blanket of fog is like a 6 hour vacation.

2 Likes

A Somersby cider slushy at lunch, and this Smackaguava, a guava papaya St Germain Rum cocktail with dinner, followed by the Nitro Colada

3 Likes

“Uneven” is charitable from the looks of it.

1 Like

The Scofflaw:

–1 1/2 oz. rye
–1 oz. dry vermouth
–3/4 oz. lemon juice
–3/4 oz. grenadine

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a strip of lemon peel.

4 Likes

Where you a Chowhounder, Christina? This was a great debate. I agree with you, though. Jack is TN whisky. Goes through the extra step of charcoal filtering; and GJ is an amazing whisky.

Friday Mai Tai on a foggy San Francisco afternoon. Cheers :desert_island:

6 Likes

Looks good - happy weekend! :hibiscus:

1 Like

That’s what I wanted tonight but was too lazy to go to the grocery store for limes - so I had a gin and tonic instead.

1 Like

Another fine choice given our warm summer weather! /s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have a 5L barrel that is currently filled with equal parts of Wild Turkey 101 and Evan Williams BIB.

My daughter, Son in law and their one year old just moved into my house after moving from San Antonio. They plan to stay with us awhile before they are more settled work wise.

That barrel is going fast

3 Likes

Aperol spritz at the beach in North Tel Aviv

6 Likes

Found a 25 year old or more (maybe) bottle of chartreuse green that def had a slightly more alcoholic flavor and a bit smoother than the current stuff. No gold band with number on cap (that you can date the current stuff with).

Also it’s slightly paler in color.

5 Likes

Also this which I cannot recommend but it has that get you drunk flavor I look for

You never know what you’re gonna see in a friends grandparents liquor cabinet. Stuff like this !

4 Likes

Blended but it’s old whiskey. Killed a similar bottle found in my FIL’s cabinet after he passed. My wife, my BIL and I put a dent in it after his funeral

Also found several handles of Old Fitz Prime from my wedding. Those definitely went back home with me. And I was drinking Dewers White at my wedding in ‘82

Dumb dumb dumb!!!

3 Likes