What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #2?

That looks lik a double to me

1 Like

:joy: just a single with a big ice cube

1 Like

The classic preprandial when steak is on the menu, a couple of Tanqueray and Dolin martinis, 3:1.

2 Likes

Tonight:

7 Likes

and how is that? At all distinctive, from the “ocean” aging?

A little bit of brine, but very subtle. A well balanced sipper, with a splash of water.

1 Like

A half sweet Passion Tea Lemonade.
I like it more than any of the new fruity drinks at Starbucks.

2 Likes

A caipirinha tonight - muddled a sliced lime with two teaspoons of sugar, added 2oz of cachaça and ice, and mixed it around a little. I like it, it’s a bit like a Brazilian ti’ punch. Cachaça tastes like agricole rum which is unsurprising as they both are distilled from sugar cane.

4 Likes

Keep documenting your range in taste and skill. We’re always glad to come across your posts.

4 Likes

Tonight:

5 Likes

That looks like a nice healthy pour - cheers!

1 Like

It’s about 5 fingers. So, as we say in this house, a fist of whiskey. :laughing:

4 Likes

I love it! :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

A Gibson yesterday, because there were a couple pickled onions in a jar of cornichons I finished off.

5 Likes

Wasn’t sure if I wanted to put this in the wine or non wine thread, but this Kikusui Funaguchi is an undiluted 19% ABV, so the non wine thread seems more appropriate. This is a tasty, tasty alcohol bomb. Lively, with a lot of melon flavor. Some alcohol heat, but I’m ok with that. Pairs well with munchies - shu mai, futo maki. Fried chicken. Seriously. The first time I had this was at Best Friend in Las Vegas and I had it with Roy Choi’s fried chicken. Try this!

5 Likes

Nama (生) Genshu is good stuff. Not cheap.

1 Like

$7.50 a 200 ml can here (Boston area). Worth it!

1 Like

Perhaps we should start a sake thread!

2 Likes

If the mods want to break my post off to do so, that is fine with me!

Aptly named, it’s the smokiest scotch I’ve ever had.

3 Likes