What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #2?

Black Tea with Lemon.No sugar added, but it feels good.

I love the Zacapa 23, what a deal at about $40 at bevmo…ironically the drink to me that tastes most similar isn’t even rum…unfortunately it’s pricier. it’s delicious tho.

not sure the 25 is better btw

3 Likes

Friday Penicillin :clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

One Blue Moon and now nursing a soda.

3 Likes

Bombs away

I think it’s got pleasant potency to balance that neat.

4 Likes

Watermelon margaritas.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Gin fizz - 2 oz London dry gin, 0.75 oz lemon juice, 0.75 oz simple syrup, 1 egg white. Dry shake ingredients (or mix in drink mixer like I did) to froth up egg white, shake with ice until cold about 30 seconds, double strain into fizz glass, top up with club soda. I’ll try to make a more prominent “head” next time.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if you know the name of the resto in Sausalito/Tiburon that was famous for it’s gin fizzes? Had a couple there, once long ago on the deck. Think this came up before, but not clear if it was determined?? Anyway, your drink looks lovely!

Thanks! Sorry, I don’t know what the name of that restaurant is, I don’t get up north that often. Maybe Sam’s Anchor Café (from some Googling)?

Thanks, but I’m just not sure - wish I could remember. I researched myself, but couldn’t quite decide which place. It’s been a long time, I’m loathe to say, but it was quite the thing over there. Now I’m craving a gin drink - it’s been awhile since I’ve indulged in my favorite spirit! :cocktail:

1 Like

Recently returned from a whiskey “revival” in Ky with my bourbon group

A sampling of what was on the table. Cognac and Armagnac had its own place at another table as well as malts

3 Likes

Impressive. I particularly enjoy seeing the Kirkland water bottles interspersed :wink:

Many of these bottles are at barrel proof so a little water around is not a bad thing if you want to bring’er down a tad

Nikka Coffey Malt Whisky. Splash of water.

6 Likes

I just saw a new knife thread so it’s arsenic for me. Bottoms up. :tumbler_glass:

4 Likes

A not-very-strong martini: 1/2 oz. Hendrick’s gin and 1 1/2 oz. dry vermouth.

3 Likes

Friday Negroni :clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

We’d join you with a Boulevardier.

1 Like

Margarita - sort of. No lime so I used lemon and pineapple juice .

3 Likes