What Did You Drink Today (non-wine) #2?

strawberry tea with lavender

I have a one ball rubberized ice ball maker which I use to keep a few ice balls ready for the few times I use ice. I’m usually drinking neat. They look very similar to your ice balls.

1 Like

I prefer the term spheres. :joy:

3 Likes

:flushed::joy::rofl:

1 Like

A “Michaelangelo” from the recently re-opened Trick Dog in San Francisco.

Don Q rum, Amontillado sherry, pandan, coconut dulce de leche, & lime. Tropical tasting, refreshing, with a bit of a Southeast Asian flavor from the coconut and pandan.

3 Likes

Very different products. Makers is a wheated bourbon and the 1792 is a high rye bourbon.

1 Like

It depends on the 1792. Their single, small, and high rye are high rye bourbons but their sweet wheat and full proof aren’t.

Double Mai Tai, just like the pilgrims had on Thanksgiving eve.

4 Likes

Between the Sheets. Brandy, white rum, Cointreau, lemon juice and dash of simple syrup.
Picked up a couple coup glasses at an estate sale today so wanted to break them in.

4 Likes

Rosita. Tequila, Campari, sweet vermouth, dry vermouth, angostura bitters with lemon twist

5 Likes

Friday Manhattan with three cherries bc my jar of Luxardos is expiring at the end of the year

Cheers!

3 Likes

Espresso martini

4 Likes

A glass of Takacho “Regal Hawk” sake. The extremely sake-knowledgeable woman at the shop I got it at described the flavor as reminiscent of Juicy Fruit chewing gum, and I’ll be danged if it didn’t taste a bit like that. Kind of viscous, almost like syrup.

4 Likes

A Carajillo - Licor 43 on the rocks with espresso.

5 Likes

Love the vessel! Story?

The tiki mug? It’s from Smuggler’s Cove, a legendary tiki bar in San Francisco. I got it a few years back, you pay extra for whatever cocktail and get to keep the mug. If you are into tiki cocktails they have a great book. The owner, Martin Cate was integral in spearheading the tiki revival with original recipes, high quality rums, real juices etc.

Blood orange margarita, green chili sea salt rim

5 Likes

That sounds pretty damn fab & I love both the ice cube and that chile rim - cheers!

2 Likes

It is quite delicious! I was in an Italian deli for lunch and they had a small carton of Italian blood orange juice I bought on a whim.

2 Likes

Little beers is a shot I’ve enjoyed many times over the years. Cheers!!

2 Likes