What cookbooks have you gotten / added to your wish list - 2022

This sounds very interesting. I love pate and have made a few over the years, will look this up - thanks!

Thanks so much!

A couple of those soups already are on my radar (first chapter), and I’ll be sure and check out the other recipes you mentioned.

I recommend you to read An: To Eat. I haven’t cooked anything from it but I LOVE the story of the family. They were from Northern Vietnam, 19 children, each with their own “nanny”

Eventually, because of civil war, they had to flee and start over in Southern Vietnam. Yep, they had to leave, go to a refugee camp, eventually started over in San Francisco. Beautiful book.

3 Likes

# Food IQ: 100 Questions, Answers, and Recipes to Raise Your Cooking Smarts
Hi! My first post here. Got this book for my brother-in-law. Simple clean and nice to read no matter what page you open it on.

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Grumpy. Look forward to seeing you on other threads.

Let’s see - hopefully I’m remembering all of them. Maangchi’s Real Korean Cooking, Cradle of Flavor, Henry Chung’s Hunan Style Chinese Cooking, 12 Bottle Bar, New Midwestern Table, Baking with Dorie, The Italian Baker, Jamie Oliver 5 Ingredients (gifted) and Lori Logbotham’s Chocolate.

Wish list books are 660 Curries, The Complete Asian Cookbook by Charmaine Solomon, and the Loaves and Fishes Cookbook.

3 Likes

Claire Saffitz has a new cookbook coming out in November, called What’s for Dessert, that sounds like it features more streamlined recipes than Dessert Person.

3 Likes

Hmmm - If I start budgeting now, with maybe just a birthday card this year for each of my siblings, the new cookbooks can show up under my Christmas tree? I’ve already got 2 new-release sci-fi books on pre-order for November.

1 Like

As much as I love Vietnamese food, it sounds like a must. Thanks!

I like going to my thrift store to find some cookbook treasures.
Also, my regular bookstore and checking out the discounted cookbooks.
My most recent find there Saveur The New Clasic Cookbook.

1 Like

I am late to the game but glad to have you here!

1 Like

I have an aunt who likes to give me a holiday gift and is happy for very specific suggestions, so I often end up with a new cookbook that way.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to be good, but I recently saw a few vegetable recipes from Mi Cocina spotlighted on Goop and I almost caved. Upon further inspection, there were not as many vegetable recipes in the book as I had hoped (I’m 97% vegetarian).

1 Like

So you eat 11 days/year meat ?

I eat fish but no meat, just an attempt at humor.

2 Likes

I bought Mi Cocina unseen based on an excellent and unique recipe that Martinez published in a 2020 compilation. It’s good and fun to read, but I probably didn’t need it. I was also surprised by how meat-heavy it is, and I haven’t cooked from it yet.

It looks like a great book, I just wouldn’t get enough use out of it to support the space on my heaving bookshelves. I do have plenty of books with meat that I find useful. I just got really excited that it was going to be full of innovative vegetable cuisine after seeing that preview!

1 Like

I just got Benedetta Jasmine Guetta’s Cooking alla Giudia, A Celebration of Jewish Food in Italy from the library. Published April 2022. I love it! Compelling history, beautiful photos, well-written recipes. Each chapter has a section on a Jewish holiday and a section on Jewish history and culture in an Italian city or region.

I haven’t bought a new cookbook for months now…I think this one will find its way to the Jewish section of my overflowing cookbook bookcases soon.

Indexed in EYB https://www.eatyourbooks.com/library/201494/cooking-alla-giudia-a-celebration

4 Likes

Currently enjoying Felicity Cloake’s “Red Sauce, Brown Sauce”.

Red sauce or brown sauce is the classic question of which do you have with cooked British breakfast. She cycles (mostly) round the UK, visiting producers of the key elements of our regional breakfasts. Mainly a travel book, I suppose, with food the reason for travel - and some recipes.

1 Like

I’m very much looking forward to checking out Claudia Fleming’s new book, Delectable, coming out in October. I loved her desserts at Gramercy Tavern back in the day, and what I’ve made from her first book, The Last Course, which features recipes for the GT desserts, has been great.

5 Likes