What comfort food do you crave at home?

For me, it’s a simple noodle dish. Boil water with some soy sauce and sesame oil (stock if I have it). Add an egg, tomato, bok choy and rice noodle or noodle. Add a few shrimp, cook till noodle is al dente. Add white pepper.

Can’t say its gourmet but it’s something soothing for me.

What are yours?

1 Like

I would have to say breakfast in the evening . Eggs , hash browns , smoked pork chop .

1 Like

Soup. Any kind, as long as it contains no traces of curry (which I despise).

I’m a soup fiend.

Mashed potatoes with gravy and peas on the side or sometimes mixed into the potato.
avgolemono (especially if I’m under the weather)
tetrazzini
fasolakia (Greek long cooked green beans)

A big ole’ pot of Sunday gravy, complete with meatballs, sausage and braciole.

Meatloaf and it’s on the menu today! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Königsberger Klopse.

1 Like

It’s what I’m making also. I’m cooking mine in the barbecue .

1 Like

Nice! I’m doing a Sicilian stuffed twist today–salami and hot peppers with fresh mozz inside. That must rock in the barbecue. Is there bacon involved?

No bacon . Beef ,pork ,and veal .

We smoked a meatloaf sometime back and it took a great dish to really out of this world. Need to do that again.

1 Like

There you go–that’s the only way to fly. They had none in the case today, so mine was fresh-ground just for me. Off to start on my peppers now. Enjoy!

i have several. love breakfast @ night: cheese omlet + ww toast; scrambled or soft cooked eggs, bacon and toast. mac and cheese. i also keep several kinds of soup in the freezer for when i don’t feel like cooking: chicken veggie; white bean; tomato; roasted sweet potato-apple.

1 Like

Not long ago made a Shepard’s pie with ground lamb. So good and comforting

6 Likes

Mashed potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and gravy. It doesn’t happen in my kitchen; but, my aunt makes it when I visit her. Usually we eat it in our pajamas.

4 Likes

Do you have a recipie you could share? Oops, that was meant for lamb shepards pie.

1 Like

No recipe but this is the basics. No proportions available, just eye it

Leg of lamb-medium grind

Brown lamb with onions. Season with s/p, herbs can be any of the following or combination; rosemary, thyme, oregano

Dice carrots and mix with frozen peas and season. I don’t remember if I cooked these before putting it together. Something tells me I didn’t since there was adequate time for the carrots to soften while in the oven but don’t hold me to that :wink:

Potatoes peeled, diced, boiled and mashed with butter. Seasoned with s/p

Layer and toss in a 350 oven until the top is nicely browned

This was what I had on hand that day at that moment. Please customize to your taste

I cook off the cuff most often. Sadly I don’t menu plan and almost everything I cook is spur of the moment depending on what’s in the fridge, freezer and pantry and how much time I have. When I shop, I buy what looks good and is a good deal and work from that. Of course certain stables are kept on hand at all times

1 Like

Thanks for the outline, I can definitely do this, with adaptions, not pea and carrot fans here:). Thinking corn or something else…thanks!

Improvisation is how I roll. Go for it!

Roast chicken. Always.