What comfort food do you crave at home?

Noodles in warm soup… Japanese or Chinese style… very comforting and fast to make when tired… miso paste, water, some seaweed, chicken or shrimp, some vegetables for the soup. Cook the noodles separately and add to the soup. At times I add a sliced hard boiled egg, for extra energy.

I think comfort food is somehow related to childhood favorite food.

2 Likes

That is so true! It’s actually my go-to hangover cure (or when I have a cold and don’t feel like making chicken noodle soup) - braised beef noodle soup from the local soup purveyor.

1 Like

talking about braised beef soup… the vietnamese phô is also high on my list. Yum!

I had to look that up. Sounds awesome. I’m gonna try to make that.

Hi,

My grandmother made shepheards pie with tomatoes and corn every once in awhile and I do too.

Mix cooked ground beef with diced onions, minced garlic, add a can or two of tomatoes. Add a can or two of corn, season and top with mashed taters …Make peaks with the potatoes…(makes them brown and yummier.)

I prefer the kind with a brown gravy but I like a tomato based casserole every once in awhile. It reminds me of my grandmas and is probably a cottage pie instead of a shepheards pie…

Egg noodles.

Funny - I was just reading an article about the closing of NYC’s Odessa Diner and was thinking that I’d love to have some stuffed cabbage right now. I’ve never made it myself, but I always feel very comforted eating it. Matzo ball soup is another one I crave fairly often (and never make).