What Are Your 3 Favorite Desserts?

Absolutely, good idea at that!

Will give it a try, maybe even today & will let you know how it turns out. Thanks!

1 Like

Panna Cotta, olive oil cake, tree leches cake. I think.
I made olive oil cake once.

1 Like

Another delicious use of butterscotch!

Strawberry Shortcake
Ice cream
Anything chocolate (especially eclairs)
Disclaimer: This list is subject to change without notice.

3 Likes

Princess cake
Boston Cream Pie
Flan

What is Princess cake @TheLibrarian? Think I knew at one time, but have forgotten. I’ve made Boston Cream Pie only once, but everyone loved it. I think it was missing something, like a little salt in the custard even. Do you have a go to recipe you love?

Agree with you on the flan, but have found most people and a lot of restos don’t make it well. In fact if anyone offers to bring one to a gathering, I tell them I’ve already got it covered. Bad ones have happened IME too many times.

I think she is referring to the green Swedish layer cake Prinsesstårta with raspberry jam, whipped cream and sponge cake, covered with marzipan.

Photo credit: Martina Wade

3 Likes

I tend to have a mute sweet tooth. But when I indulge, I go for it
Like rice pudding with salted caramel sauce

or sinfully rich chocolate cake

2 Likes

OMG, I remember now @naf - what is not to love? Some of my favorite flavors and the gorgeously colored topping. Think it might cause a scene right out of When Harry Met Sally if I were to have a piece! Will maybe at some point try to make one. Thanks!

2 Likes

Beautiful looking desserts @pilgrim!

1 Like

Boston cream pie and chocolate eclairs remind me of one another, in some ways.
Here’s a quick version. Running for cover.

1 Like

For the baking challenged…
Twinkie Strawberry Shortcake.

Yum - that’s correct. It’s wonderful!!! I was introduced to it by a coworker years ago. And I buy it, not make it. I’m a good cook, but not a baker. Same goes for Boston Cream Pie and flan.

I almost forgot - my other favorite dessert is my grandmother’s dobos torte, but that’s a long time ago, and I’ve never tried to make it.

1 Like

Thanks, I don’t mind shortcuts, but please don’t tell anyone.:face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Boston Cream Pie also reminds me of custard filled doughnuts with chocolate glaze! Not that I ever eat any being virtuous like I am.

2 Likes

Mr naf’s favourite! Even better with additional candied nuts!

I don’t know about this one, it looks delicious, remind me of some German and Austrian layer cakes.

Oh! I need one.

1 Like

The hardened caramel layer on the top was the best part!

2 Likes

I love flan too. My Aunt follows the Goya Brand recipe. What’s your method?