What Are Your 3 Favorite Desserts?

Yes!!! Chocolate #3 at Tosci’s makes me realize that life goes on even though we no longer have Herrell’s chocolate pudding ice cream in the Boston area.

1 Like

My wife was surprised I didn’t include roasted pears and while she has a point, roasted pear pie is so incredible my reply here stands.

This approach to roasted pears was assembled by my sister last night and while a bit time gobbling was really delicious.

5 Likes

A favorite late night indulgence is tahini with honey. Stirred together until it thickens a bit. Homemade Halavah

2 Likes

I like (Neapolitan brownie bombe) because the ice cream and the brownie its just omg amazing .

the next thing I like is baked chocolate chip cookie omg yes sis yes
I’m about to go eat that right now

and towering midnight huge cake yes on a good night

2 Likes

Welcome Denita to HO, enjoy your stay and hope you feel at home!

Chocolate chips, when well made, can be really good.

1 Like

Welcome, Denita!

Welcome to HO, Denita. I too love warm baked chocolate chip cookies. Please give me a glass of ice cold milk to go along with them!

A warm welcome for you Denita! Hope you enjoy it here and post up some pictures of your meals or desserts soon,

Welcome Denita…….I have stated the following on a discussion about foods to help with stopping use of tobacco…
“As you can see from above this is a very receptive community and although we can’t solve all of the problems in the “food” world, we do welcome you and hope we can both trade back and forth and have a good time.”
Lest we not forget about those chocolate chip cookies!

1 Like

Ice cream
Ice cream
Strawberry rhubarb pie (with vanilla ice cream)

2 Likes

marzipan is not exactly low sugar but definitely tastier than fondant

2 Likes

Harters, do you know where to find Baba au Rhum in Manchester? Couldn’t find it anywhere last year.

Can’t think of anywhere that might reliably have it. “63 Degrees” is a French restaurant in the Northern Quarter. And Bisous Bisous is a French run patisserie in Didsbury. Both may be possibles (but don’t currently have it on their website).

Thanks

Found you one - the Ivy in Spinningfields

Tiramisú
Traditional Cannolli
Fresh seasonal fruit

This Food52 posted version is delicious. Thought I’d share it.

Butterscotch pudding

3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided

3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

1 cup heavy cream

3 tablespoons cornstarch

1 cup whole milk

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 tablespoons whiskey or dark rum

In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, melt 2 Tbs. of the butter over medium heat. Once melted, stir in the sugar and salt and stir to combine well. Whisk in the heavy cream and turn the heat to low.

Put the cornstarch in a small bowl, whisk in the milk bit by bit, until the cornstarch is totally dissolved. Stir this into the saucepan, then turn the heat back up to medium and let the mixture come to a simmer, stirring all the while. Simmer (keep stirring) for about a minute, until the pudding has thickened enough that your stirring utensil leaves a thick trail. Remove from the heat and stir in the last Tbs. butter, the vanilla, and the whiskey/rum.

If the pudding seems lumpy, press it through a fine strainer. Pour it into a bowl, press plastic wrap directly onto the pudding if you wish to avoid a skin forming. Chill for at least several hours before serving. Serve topped with lightly sweetened softly whipped cream.

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this @rooster - IME, it’s really hard to make a good homemade butterscotch pudding. I haven’t been happy with any of the recipes I’ve tried, so will put this on the list. Oooh, butterscotch pie sounds good…

1 Like

The key is really cooking the pudding low and slow to get the caramel going. The dark rum I added gave a deeper caramel sugar note to the finish. The creaminess was superb.

Do you think Brown Sugar Bourbon might work instead of the dark rum? It’s sweet, so I may have to cut a little of the other sugar @Rooster.

1 Like