What Are Your 3 Favorite Desserts?

I am so with you. They used to have a tiramisu flavor that was heaven. I don’t know why they discontinued it.

I have a recipe that is similar. It is so good! No idea why I haven’t made it in years.

Not in any order:
Apple pie (Only if I make my g-ma’s recipe, which has a lot of lemon in it) with vanilla ice cream.
Cheese cake with fresh strawberries on top.
Chocolate brownies with hot fudge and shlag.

1 Like

Shalg?

Home made whipped cream, sweetened with powdered sugar.

2 Likes

Thanks
:smiley:

I’m not a huge dessert person as I don’t love sweets, but my favorite desserts in no particular order:

1. Blueberry pie (will substitute for good cobblers with decent crumble crust too)
  2. Tofu “pudding” - should be fresh made with a slight amount of ginger syrup
  3. Black sesame tang yuan (lke: https://thewoksoflife.com/2016/02/tang-yuan-recipe/)

Even though I don’t have a sweet tooth, I do love ice-cream and sorbets, so if you put a dish of a fruit flavor of one of those items in front of me, I’d be pretty happy.

3 Likes

Schlag is the proper spelling, for easier future reference.

2 Likes

(Blue) cheese.
Port/scotch
Beer

Sometimes all 3 in sucession.

7 Likes

I like the way you think!
:wink:

1 Like

Unfortunately i’ve not been able to find this- i know i would love it!! Black sesame mochi are my favorite (although i realize those are japanese), also a fan of the black sesame filled fried rice pastry covered in sesame seeds- not sure what the right name is

Not black sesame. Just had a great red bean mochi topped with the perfect strawberry.

Mochi had the super pillowy softness that can only be fresh mochi. .

2 Likes

I stand corrected.

Should be able to find in the frozen section in a Chinese supermarket.

Did you say black sesame mochi? :slight_smile:

Got 1st taste today. Tsukiji market.

Super soft, tasty sesame flavor.

We’d been noshing all morning, so only got the small sampler. Very fresh, light and soft.

5 Likes

Never thought to look in the freezer!!
Thanks for the tip, I certainly will on my next trip!

Aahahhhhhhh… you’re kinda killing me…!! Amazing!

I’m not much of a sweet eater - like @Presunto, give me some cheese and a sherry-casked single malt and I’m a happy camper. If I’m going to eat dessert, though, it’s most likely going to be something tart. Top three are probably cherry pie (made with tart cherries, of course), rhubarb pie and lemon bars/tarts. Apple pie with cheddar cheese would be a runner-up along with the occasional dark chocolate thing or slice of NY style cheesecake.

2 Likes

And my post had a link to a recipe. Not that hard to make, though I admit mine don’t come out as pretty. :sweat_smile: I always some how roll it so a bit of the black sesame filling peaks through or gets stuck on the outside, so you don’t get that pretty white mochi ball. Mine always have flecks of black sesame filling on it. They taste good though!

3 Likes

Chocolate #3 at Toscanini’s in Cambridge MA. All else pales in comparison. https://www.tosci.com/

1 Like