What Are You Coveting/Waiting /Saving For?

Haha, here I was going into spasms of envy at the thought of you (anyone) getting premium butter for $2/250g.

I wish. There a couple of other brands that are nearly as much.

Paysan Breton buerre au sel is as good as I’ll pay for. I’ve seen imported butters in affluent neighborhoods’ groceries at $12-15 for 250g, but I just won’t spend that.

Too bad Trader Jacques dropped its French cultured butter. I thought it was fantastic, and the price reasonable.

Wegman’s has its own house brand - Butter Boy -that it cuts off of slabs. It’s got big salt crystals in it; it’s actually very good. There’s another small-batch brand made in Atlanta called Banner Butter; my local WholeFoods carries it, as does the store that carries Isigny Sté Mère. The Banner Butter is also quite good. There was another brand that came in a roll - Celles Sur Belle, that I don’t see anymore. President is everywhere.

Oh, it seems like Wegmans is rebranding bulk Rudolphe le Meunier. That would be interesting. (BTW, went and stopped to pick up bread and my butter was all sold out! Will need to go to my other source)

3 Likes

Good to know. I didn’t know their source.

Wasn’t really waiting or saving for this, but I did fancy a Jura, and got one for my birthday.

7 Likes

Enjoy!

Wow. Congratulations. It’s statuesquely beautiful.

Hmmm. Possibly a Le Creuset rice pot. I make all my rice (mostly jasmine) on the (gas) stove-top, and am tired of trying to scrape out the dregs from my S/S pot. Anyone have one and care to comment?

https://www.lecreuset.com/rice-pot-marseille/22110016200041.html

Added to the Christmas list because I just got the bun pan you posted about a few days ago. :grin:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dartos are really nice CS pans. CS means maintenance, though. Like you, I’m in the market for a larger CS pan, and Darto makes nice stuff. I have an 8" Mauviel M Steel and love it. So, either mauviel, to match his little brother, or Darto. Vollrath makes a nice one , also. Tha Mauviel 11 inch is +/- $100, but it’s built to last forever. Heavier than many CS pans, though.

Pretty new toy to play with. Congrats!

Got an Avid Armor USVX chamber vacuum and I’m loving it. Used it tonight to hudrate pizza dough. No need for a stand mixer or anything. Was incredible quick. So much fun ahead with this thing.

Nothing. My kitchen cannot hold any more without cutting into the areas I need for cooking. My collecting days are winding down. Fortunately my daughter and son in law share my love of cooking and enjoy neat items. I wish HO had a trading/buy/sell/give page. (Maybe it does, and I missed it!)

4 Likes

Same as Tim Irvine as far as no more space available. But that doesn’t stop me from coveting a curry donabe. I have a small one that I use for rice but surely I need another? Resisting temptation…

3 Likes

Ok add curry donabe to the list. Darnit.

3 Likes

Torio does sell some high quality donabe. I am very happy with the a 1-go rice donabe from them.

1 Like

Great idea!