What are you baking? November 2023

I feel the same way about the Fat Daddio pans. I only have 1, which I bought because there were no Chicago Metallic uncoated available. That’s what the rest of my pans are.

1 Like

Anadama bread. Reminds me of Maine :heart_eyes:. I really love it toasted with butter and marmalade.

15 Likes

I’m in the process of making Food & Wine recipe for Herb Dinner Rolls. You let the dough rise for an hour, doubled then divide into 24 roll to let rise again for an hour.

My question: recipe says dough balls should be 13/4 oz pieces. When I weighed them , my scale said 1.95 oz.

I’m confused. I’m just going ahead with 24 balls, roughly the same size.

1 Like

14 Likes

Could it be a typo in the recipe?

Do they mean 1.34 oz ?

Next time I won’t sprinkle Maldon on top. They don’t need butter, definitely not salted butter.

For the herbs I used fresh parsley, thyme and sage, didn’t have rosemary but I usually avoid that one.

2 Likes

NOW I’m convinced they meant 1 ¾ oz rolls.

As long as you make 24 rolls I don’t think you really need to weigh them.

I’m freezing most of them to save for Christmas dinner.

4 Likes

Coconut cake from ‘sn

ackable bakes’. Have made this 4x and get rave reviews from coconut lovers. I make 2 smaller loaves and use double the glaze and as much toasted coconut as I can press on. Days old and toasted, still delicious. I did not see any dif using coconut milk vs water in the cake.

17 Likes

Oh that looks good. Isnt it a wonderful baking book.

1 Like

The difference between 1-3/4 (1.75) oz and 1.95 oz is so small (0.2 oz) that it may be beyond the resolution of your scale.

1 Like

It’s just the recipe says:

13/4 oz

I guess they forgot to make a space after the 1.

I won’t bother to weigh.

1 Like

Malted Chocolate Cookies. Recipe from Snacking Bakes. This is a very fudgy cookie with a hint of malted milk. Its full of chopped milk chocolate and is sprinkled with flaky salt. Only problem is that it makes 20. No mixer required.

15 Likes

Does it look like it could be easily doubled?

It most likely can be doubled . The recipe is mixed byhand and the dough is quite thick so in doubling i would use a stand mixer.

4 Likes

Hey, new month, new thread.

3 Likes

I started my shopping list for baking groceries…

2 Likes

Agree!

Folded Curd Cheese Pies. Oh my, i am pleased with how thsy look. They are light as a feather. It makes 16 buns. I sure hope they freeze well. Recipe is from TAVA Eastern European Baking and Desserts from Romania and Beyond. This particulat recive is Moldavian.

19 Likes

4 more out of the oven. I ran out of cheese curd so filled these with prune jam and sprinkles with crystal sugar

17 Likes

Lovely!

4 Likes

I’m going to make this recipe any day now (have to get in the right mood) … will double, use my mixer.

Should I use a 1 Tablespoon scoop? (I prefer smaller cookies)