What are you baking? November 2023

The difference between 1-3/4 (1.75) oz and 1.95 oz is so small (0.2 oz) that it may be beyond the resolution of your scale.

1 Like

It’s just the recipe says:

13/4 oz

I guess they forgot to make a space after the 1.

I won’t bother to weigh.

1 Like

Malted Chocolate Cookies. Recipe from Snacking Bakes. This is a very fudgy cookie with a hint of malted milk. Its full of chopped milk chocolate and is sprinkled with flaky salt. Only problem is that it makes 20. No mixer required.

15 Likes

Does it look like it could be easily doubled?

It most likely can be doubled . The recipe is mixed byhand and the dough is quite thick so in doubling i would use a stand mixer.

4 Likes

Hey, new month, new thread.

3 Likes

I started my shopping list for baking groceries…

2 Likes

Agree!

Folded Curd Cheese Pies. Oh my, i am pleased with how thsy look. They are light as a feather. It makes 16 buns. I sure hope they freeze well. Recipe is from TAVA Eastern European Baking and Desserts from Romania and Beyond. This particulat recive is Moldavian.

19 Likes

4 more out of the oven. I ran out of cheese curd so filled these with prune jam and sprinkles with crystal sugar

17 Likes

Lovely!

4 Likes

I’m going to make this recipe any day now (have to get in the right mood) … will double, use my mixer.

Should I use a 1 Tablespoon scoop? (I prefer smaller cookies)

I wish i had measured the diameter of my cookie. I got 20 cookies as per recipe. They werent that big. I like my cookies always on the smaller size. My dough was refrigerated overnight. I would suggest you bake a couple of cookies with scoop of your choice and then adjust to size you want.

I just determined that my scoop is #24

1 Like

Is that 1 Tablespoon?

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/guide/717/kitchen-scoop-and-disher-guide.html

1 Like

According to the chart Shelly sent there is no way my scoop is #24. It certainly doesnt hold 3 tablespoons My scoop is 1 1/2" across and holds a little less than 2 tablespoons. Its one i use almost always for cookies. Im confused.
Heres another chart

Heres the chart

1 Like

I’d use a #40 for small cookies. It’s what I’ve used when doing smaller ones.

The recipe for malted malted chocolate cookies calls for 1 1/s tablespoon portions, which I believe is essentially the capacity of a #40 scoop.

2 Likes