What Are You Baking? November 2022

This might have caused a riot in my office :flushed:

You either brought LOTS of cookies, or suffered the “wrath” of all the people who didn’t get a cookie :joy:

1 Like

It’s a small set up; she offered to 5, 4 accepted, 1 wasn’t in the mood! His loss!

Linking the December thread.

1 Like

Since everyone loved these cookies and they were still delicious a few days later, I want to make more.

Has anyone tried doubling the recipe?

(I haven’t.)

My turn with this recipe. I wrapped in plastic wrap, placed in fridge for about 3 days, looked a bit “unfortunate.” Hard to slice, some fell apart, Best was sawing with serrated knife. First batch was 21 minutes, too long. Second 19 minutes, still a bit too long.

I did a double recipe of the ricotta Browned Butter Cookies, they are turning out fine.

2 Likes

Photos

5 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: What are you baking? December 2022

It’s December!

1 Like

Which recipe was this?

La Madeleine Classique(The Madeleine Classique) from Gâteau. Looks good, tastes delicious but not a success. The author states that in France they prepare the pan, put batter in, cover tightly with plastic wrap, refrigerate and after 6 to 12 hrs bake. I thought i would try this. When i took the wrap of it took some of the batter off thus no humps. My usual way is to refrigerate overnight and about an hour before baking i butter and flour Madeleine pan but it in the freezer and then bake. These are orange flavour and we like the combination of chocolate and orange. Teflon Madeleine pan was coated with melted chocolate mixedcoconut oil and a teaspoon of white corn syrup.

Ugh, didnt notice its November’s thread

8 Likes