We love Cheese!

Thank you.

A quick side trip to Diksmuide may be possible, although we are tight on time this trip.

Carrefour at Calais is always on our agenda although, of course, the offerings of Belgian cheese will be limited

Calais
such a sad place these days :frowning:

Had a FABULOUS salad with burrata last night - it was peppery baby greens in a very sharp dressing - almost too sharp on its own, but when paired with a creamy bite of burrata it was perfection. Snap peas, fresh peas, pistachios and a bit of guanciale to round it out. Really wonderful preparation. The burrata itself wasn’t the best I’ve ever had, but it was certainly acceptable and the preparation was truly delightful.

1 Like

How did you like the Camembert with Calvados? I’ve only had it a couple of times, but I’ve never seen it in mini-wheels like that, only sliced off a larger wheel. The last time I bought it, it was almost overripe and EXTREMELY funky - I liked it, but I thought my husband was going to puke every time he opened the fridge until it was gone!

It is indeed powerful. I seal it in a zip lock bag and store in a cheese box in the fridge. No smell can escape. It’s just a small portion but it’s the kind of cheese I can’t wolf down (still have some). Have been eating a small chunk every day and smell nothing funky, besides the calvados smell.

Thanks everyone
I could hang around here at “we love cheese” all day
Not as sophisticated as much of what is posted here but delicious just the same
Our lunch out at Mint in Tarrytown, NY a few weeks ago

3 Likes

Yours looks like real food!

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by that!

It doesn’t look like it was composed for a photo but for chow’ing down on. Not so perfect. I like it.

Thank you
and we were in a restaurant no less

My better half rarely comes to the table when told
dinner is served
I often have time to take a picture or two
nevertheless I only do it on occasion at home.

Were you around when MMRuth was on CH? She said her husband knew to not come to the table until after he saw the flash :slight_smile:

Ha 
 yes, but I don’t remember ever reading that.
If DH is ready to chow down I would never stop him
not sure if he would stop if asked
I was raised by one parent in particular
who was into good food and art 
 we eat with our eyes first was heard
often
 and food styling at home was big. How I ended up with a
guy who cares about neither is a great mystery to me.

I get where you are coming from
I like food to look like food
and art to look like art
I am not interested in eating
art, nor do I find it appetizing

I appreciate and love good food
I appreciate and love good art
The photos here are incredible
they just don’t pique my appetite.

You said it better than I ever could. Thanks.

1 Like

Some cheese we got in the fridge: Gorgonzola, NeufchĂątel, Brie de Meaux and Emmental. A terrific way to have a great and lazy meal.

3 Likes

Ohhh
 the Brie de Meaux!

I need to upload some pics from the camera soon.

“Buttercups” one is nice and smelly. It is also “thermalised” and not pasteurised. Very impressed with the 2 year old ComtĂ©.

Cows graze in fields full of buttercups.

Haven’t seen the 3 year old yet, Naf. It must be yummy as this one is far better than the 1 year old posted before/upthread.

Always try every Munster I see but nothing compares to what I got in Alsace (unnpasteurised, organic, and super ripe).

3 Likes

Here too. Just ate some ComtĂ© of 20-24 months old tonight, we didn’t expect much as it is bought from supermarket. But it was quite good, tasty.

It’s quite difficult to get hold of ComtĂ© more than 2 years old in France, I guess, usually one needs to buy directly from the producer or special cheese shop.

my cheesemonger in France usually had 30 month, and once in a great while a 36 month, but they were eye-wateringly dear. (but oh, the crystals
)