Walnut Creek area lunch?

Hello. Any suggestions for good affordable food spots in the WC-Concord area?

I used to like Main Street Kitchen, although I haven’t been since May 2021 and they had scan-the-code-for-the-menus.

3 Likes

Two Sichuan Suggestions:
Sichuan Fortune House
Sichuan House

It has been a couple of Years since we have been to either but both were quite good.
We only ordered Sichuan Dishes cannot speak to their Sino-American Food.

There are also a number of Afghani Restaurants in Concord that are pretty barebones but good Afghan Food.
These were all quite good:
Abas Hamidi Afghan Cuisine
Afghan Cuisine
Chopan Kabob

4 Likes

Aung Maylika in Concord. The topics below are for their Benicia location but they got a space in Concord. I haven’t had a chance to write up my visit a couple of months but the food was very good.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone; especially for all the Asian recommendations!

https://wcyc.net/

https://www.andamankitchen.com/

2 Likes

If you are in the downtown WCreek area (not the Broadway Plaza, but north of it past Mt. Diablo Blvd.), heartily recommend Lita, Caribbean/Latino food. We had an outstanding lunch there in mid-2023. Loved the ceviche sampler, excellent curry shrimp pasta and a perfectly grilled hanger steak. Skip the boring donut holes and if they have it, get the spiced pineapple upside-down cake!

Fun atmosphere, excellent service. Not sure it fits your definition of affordable, however.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, Sichuan Fortune House’s menu has been pared down in recent years and some of their more unique dishes have been simplified.

Afghani is a good call

4 Likes

Thanks for that. Good to know.

Speaking of Szechuan, Tasty Szechuan in Concord is a fairly new addition (since January?) to the neighborhood. This restaurant offers many Szechuan dishes plus a hodgepodge of other regional Chinese food, such as XLB, Xinjiang Big Plate Chicken etc. Spice level is high.

3 Likes

Same owners as the one in Hayward

1 Like
1 Like

I didn’t make it to any of these places last week because I had less time than expected… I’ve been driving out to WC pretty regularly for work and I usually have several hours to kill. I’ll be back next Tuesday and I’ve got my mind set on Afghan cuisine! I drove by some of the strip mall spots in Concord and they looked great, but I ended up getting seafood tacos (really good shrimp + octopus) at Isla due to time constraints. I’m definitely going to Abas Hamidi next week! :yum:

1 Like

This place looks good but a few of the menu staples seem a bit instagram novelty (lobster corn dogs doughnuts etc). the elote looks great and the guava ceviche seems interesting… have you tried their jerk chicken?

Abas Hamidi Afghan Cuisine is a good call, mother cooks and, sometimes, son runs FTH. I had, at times and with varying degree of success, remind her not to overcook the Kabob. Always enjoyed their Mantoo, Bolanee, etc.

Enjoyed INTERNATIONAL MARKET & GRILL also, out of 2 visits.

1 Like

Speaking of tacos nearby, birria and lengua tacos here will stuff you with delicious meat:

1 Like