Upmarket Refrigerators

I consider anything costing over $1800 USD / $2000 Cdn to be higher end, then break the higher end into $1800 USD- $4000, and $4000 USD and up.
I’m willing to spend up to $4000 USD on a 30 or 31 inch wide , 68 inch tall fridge.
The Liebherr costs around $4000 USD / $4300 CAD ( didn’t check the exchange recently).

1 Like

A Fisher Paykel is on my shortlist. It’s around $3300 Cdn/ $3000 USD. While they’re designed in NZ, they were taken over by a massive Chinese company called Haier which is the parent company of GE. The fridges are made in China. That said, the layout could pass for German design. 17.5 cubic feet on the 30 inch single door fridge.

The KitchenAid I like most is just under $2500 CD. I like the design of the shelves & bins better on the Fisher Paykal. The KitchenAid are made in Michigan. 22 cubic feet inside a 33 inch fridge

I didn’t like the look of the Whirlpool single door fridge’s bins, which look cheap.

2 Likes

While I really like the Fisher Paykel, I’ve come to the realization a standard depth fridge with around 20- 22 cubic feet will suit our shopping style and leftovers style better than a 17.2 cubic foot fridge.

I hadn’t been paying attention to supply chain issues.

Right now, the expected date of delivery for a KitchenAid or Whirlpool is January.

I will check to see when GE, LG & Samsung would be available.

There isn’t a Frigidaire made with the features I’d like sold in Canada ( 30-33 inch bottom mount,)

I usually have purchased appliances that are made in America. While I like the idea of German engineering, none of the fridges available fit my space.

I will follow up with the salesperson to see when the other makes would be available.

Hopefully before snow falls!

Appreciate all your comments!

3 Likes